Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Before the appearance of Homo Sapiens the Homo Genus consisted of NEANDERTHALS, HOMO HABELIS, HOMO ERECTUS. Didja KNOW?

Before the appearance of Homo Sapiens the Homo Genus consisted of NEANDERTHALS, HOMO HABELIS, HOMO ERECTUS. Didja KNOW?

Posted - July 8, 2021

Responses

Depending on which DNA test I'm reading ... I have between 2.5 and 4.0 percent Neanderthal DNA.

July 8, 2021 1:11 PM MDT

Are you teasing me Walt? You mean to tell me that DNA tests go all the way back to the beginning! WOW! I"ve never had one done. Are they expensive? How certain are you that what they reveal is real and truthful? I guess if you have several done from different places and they pretty much agree then you can trust them. But I have read of a downside to knowing. If your DNA shows a leaning toward certain diseases you would have a harder time getting medical insurance to cover themI don't know if that's true but it does make sense. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2021 4:17 AM MDT
      July 9, 2021 4:10 AM MDT

I don't know how they work ... but I did have 3 different tests, and the results were pretty much the same.
    The tests didn't seem that expensive, to me.  It was a while ago, so I don't remember exactly what they cost - but it was under $200.

I don't know how your insurance would get ahold of it, unless you voluntarily gave the data to them.
    They wouldn't even know you took a DNA test, so couldn't ask the testing lab for the results.

July 9, 2021 7:39 AM MDT

By hacking into medical facilities' computers of course m'dear! That's undoubtedly being done now. Hackers can hack into the most secure government networks. Do you really think hospitals have systems that are unhackable? Insurance companies are loathe to pay out any money for any reason at any time. They will hound you to death hoping you die before they have to settle claims. I BET their hackers are the best of the breed. If the info is anywhere in cyberspace it can be hacked. I have Kaiser. Everything about me is in the computer. True for all the others too. A visit occurs...the computer knows about everything that was discussed. Tests are run and results go right into the computer. So how would they know unless I tell them? I just told you m'dear. HACKING. Sigh. Thank you for your reply! Did you GOOGLE China and its rockets that will blast away asteroids? This post was edited by RosieG at July 9, 2021 7:45 AM MDT
      July 9, 2021 7:43 AM MDT

I'm not sure about other states, but in WA insurance companies don't have government permission to use DNA test results to gauge risk and effect premium rates.  And since they are overseen by independent auditors, they would be unable to explain why their rates were so far off - and refund the money to policy holders, as well as pay fines to the state for overcharging.  They could even loose their license to operate in the state.
      July 9, 2021 7:53 AM MDT

Well m'dear that is an exceedingly EXCELLENT thing. But of course hacking never has government permission does it? My pre-existing condition? I had cancer diagnosed in 2007, operated on in January 2008 and starting in March of 2008 I had six months of chemo..every three weeks for three days and 25 days of radiation. I beat it so far but if it were to come back? What then? I'm not the only one in that kind of boat. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 9, 2021 12:12 PM MDT

Who were the neanderthals? Were they just as human as a modern man or were they considered ape-like creatures? Here's an interesting article that talks about Neanderthals.

https://www.genesisandgenetics.org/2017/11/17/where-does-neanderthal-fit-in-the-bible-update/
      July 8, 2021 11:36 PM MDT

Interesting but I think there is still hope for the scientific theory of evolution..

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/creation_science

July 9, 2021 1:10 AM MDT

:):):)
      July 9, 2021 2:42 AM MDT