Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » CEOs, top executives get multimillion dollar bonuses and workers underpaid and difficult working conditions. What kind of system is that?

CEOs, top executives get multimillion dollar bonuses and workers underpaid and difficult working conditions. What kind of system is that?

Not always the case but often. Unions anybody?

Posted - July 10, 2021

Responses

It's called "capitalism" and puts a double underline under WHY THE SYSTEM DOESN'T WORK. Nobody is worth eight figures per annum, no matter what they do. And neither should anybody have to subsist on less than $15 per hour.
      July 10, 2021 4:53 AM MDT

Even at $15 an hour, it's a paltry sum on which to live, especially in larger cities and when you have a family.  I do agree that no one is worth millions of dollars in salary, especially the ones who run the companies to the ground and when they go bankrupt, the CEO gets a olden parachute and walks away with millions more.  
      July 10, 2021 7:26 AM MDT

This because the tax system rewards working many workers when you only need 1 or 2 full time workers.  It also rewards businesses for working people who qualify for welfare.  

This is backwards. They should be rewarded for having more full time employees. And a reward for paying an employee enough that they do not need welfare. 

July 10, 2021 6:48 AM MDT

Unions are just as bad!  
      July 10, 2021 11:37 AM MDT

They can be.
      July 10, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

I was in a union.  The union president got rich off the dues paid by members and companies (he owned numerous houses, boats, cars, and such).  Then when he retired, he appointed his son to take over (rigged "election").  Meanwhile, the union did as little as possible for the members, but repeatedly raise their dues.  They even made it so that members didn't know when their dues were raised (all "legall).
      July 10, 2021 11:53 AM MDT

I have heard of shady business to do with some unions but nothing so bad as that. A union I belonged to was very powerful where employees could  'get away with murder' kind of thing. Somebody would take advantage of that occasionally like when they had a beef with the company for some reason and spend a whole shift and only do about an hour's work.
      July 10, 2021 12:10 PM MDT

We had that too.  It was nearly impossible to fire a worker once they'd passed probation.  They had to be given a verbal warning, followed by 2 written written warnings within 30 days.  Out of nearly 200 employees, there were only about 10 who could be counted on to actually do their job every day.  
      July 10, 2021 1:00 PM MDT

Hard for a company to be very successful in a situation like that.
      July 10, 2021 1:07 PM MDT