Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » Let's have an awesome Halloween death quote as profound as this one? Music works too.

Let's have an awesome Halloween death quote as profound as this one? Music works too.

“Death is the only wise advisor that we have. Whenever you feel, as you always do, that everything is going wrong and you’re about to be annihilated, turn to your death and ask if that is so. Your death will tell you that you’re wrong; that nothing really matters outside its touch. Your death will tell you, ‘I haven’t touched you yet.”
― Carlos Castaneda, Journey to Ixtlan

Posted - October 28, 2016

Responses

All I can think of is "The Monster Mash"
      October 28, 2016 6:56 PM MDT

October 28, 2016 6:59 PM MDT

He did the Mash it caught on in a smash
      October 28, 2016 9:39 PM MDT

Quoth the raven, "Nevermore."
      October 28, 2016 7:18 PM MDT

• Praise Allah, who. in wisdom put death at the end of life, not the beginning. -- Ibin form "Eaters Of The Dead".
      October 28, 2016 8:26 PM MDT

I love the Eaters of the Dead title  even more than the quote you gave. 

Both good.  Thanks This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at October 28, 2016 9:41 PM MDT
      October 28, 2016 9:39 PM MDT

I do like Carlos Castaneda's books! Indeed, Halloween is near, and the Day of the Dead. It is as if the dead reenter the world in spirit.

I found many quotes about death. Most quotes talk about death as if no one is ready for it. They want to avoid the thought.

Then there is the religious side. Resurrection only happens after the body dies, just like a seed that is planted has to die before it grows.

As I am feeling very scientific these days, I am tempted to write my own quote:

"Death is only the death of the body, not of the spirit. The spirit has places to go and it does, never to die again. 

We know this because matter cannot be destroyed. It can be transformed to energy. But energy is matter.

E= mC2." This post was edited by Marguerite, the Beloved at October 28, 2016 9:43 PM MDT
      October 28, 2016 9:41 PM MDT

Also, consider that when we reduce a particle to its smallest element, there is no thing.  NOTHING.   That is my argument for God.   That nothing is SOMETHING.
      October 28, 2016 9:46 PM MDT