Discussion » Questions » Education » Those of you raising school-aged children or who have done it before, is/was private school an option for you, budget-wise?

Those of you raising school-aged children or who have done it before, is/was private school an option for you, budget-wise?

~

Posted - July 13, 2021

Responses

One of my children was blessed with scholarships for private schools. 
      July 13, 2021 8:07 AM MDT

Our suburb incorporated and we have our own private school system.  We take no federal money and our schools are among the best in the country.   Both of my girls benefited from living there and now my daughter lives there and my grandkids are in that school system.  I no longer live in that state though.  Where I live now has good schools too but I see the deficiencies that didn't exist in my hometown schools.  Both places (here and there) are very supportive of the schools and high-school football and basketball games are attended in high numbers, even by people with no children of their own in the schools. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at July 13, 2021 3:21 PM MDT
      July 13, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

No, we could not. But in the 80s and 90s, when they attended school, the city schools they went to were high quality. They went down the tubes when two high schools were shut down.
      July 13, 2021 12:05 PM MDT

I don't have kids, but my parents had the money to send me to private school.  However, the public school system where we lived was one of the best public schools in the state.  It was also one of the largest too, top rated sports teams, and offered many variety of classes to take. This post was edited by ONeg-84 at July 13, 2021 3:20 PM MDT
      July 13, 2021 2:05 PM MDT