Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once again a MUG friend apprises me of something aobut which I didn't know. Did you?

Once again a MUG friend apprises me of something aobut which I didn't know. Did you?

Opposition to POT comes from alcohol and tobacco companies!

Makes sense when I see it down there in BLACK AND WHITE.

So that's why there is no state-to-state consistency about POT being legal or il.

Once again...dagnabbit!...follow the money. That's all there is apparently. Did you know? Money is the be all end all and purpose of life. If you didn't know that by now you are hopelessly out of sync with most of the rest of the world.

Sad.

Posted - July 14, 2021

Responses

From what I've read ... opposition to marijuana use mainly began because it was "commonly" used by black jazz players, and (whites) were afraid their women would be influenced/tainted by the growing popularity of jazz clubs.
      July 14, 2021 10:11 AM MDT

I KNOW white men fear black men because the rumor is BLACK MEN know how to treat a woman...or something like that. But seriously and really the growing popularity was about the MUSIC fer cryin' out loud. The wimpy impotent white men had no clue right? No rhythm anywhere in them? Well there yar. Sheesh. More stupid dumb. Thank you for your reply Walt. I'm a huge JAZZ FAN and it had nothing to do with the who/what. It had entirely to do with the SOUND! Impotent scairdy cat white men as hopeless cluesless and not a lot of fun if they didn't know it is the MUSIC that draws the women. And so it goes. Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      July 14, 2021 11:32 AM MDT

Opposition to water fountains in shopping malls caused them to be eliminated years ago because the businesses in the food courts wanted to make more money selling soda pop.
      July 14, 2021 10:58 AM MDT

Something else I did not suspect. A perennial innocent? Or just plain dumbly oblivious to the obvious? I don't know Kg. Maybe it's all of the above. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 14, 2021 11:34 AM MDT