Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Allegedly Russia Putin is targeting JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES for harrassment and worse. Anyone know why if that is true?

Allegedly Russia Putin is targeting JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES for harrassment and worse. Anyone know why if that is true?

Posted - July 15, 2021

Responses

Maybe he got tired of them showing up at his door?

It's probably because Communist governments have a history of repressing religions, and Putin longs for the "good old days" of the USSR.
      July 15, 2021 9:45 AM MDT

I'm partial to the religion. Our son David who passed away was one and his wife, our darling daughter-in-law is one. When he passed away we went to Arizona for the "memorial" service at their church that Yolanda had planned. You would not believe how magnificent it was. After the church service everyone stayed and more people showed up for the memorial. They were all so loving and kind to us. Then we went to the home of a couple he and his wife were most close too and we HAD A FEAST! It was like a THANKSGIVINGon steroids. Dozens of people were there. They took turns talking about what they most adored about David. I am not kidding you. We were overwhelmed and it was the most precious gathering of people for any reason I've ever experienced. So Putrid Putin doesn't like them? Why would he? What does he do that is kind thoughtful loving? Thank you for your reply Walt. Sometimes in parking lots of the grocery store we are approached by JV's with flyers. Once we tell them our children are JV's it's like a family reunion. A pox on putin. What does he know about anything worthwhile? :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 16, 2021 10:19 AM MDT
      July 15, 2021 1:40 PM MDT

Because it's fun.
      July 16, 2021 10:19 AM MDT

The Russian Federation is NOT Communist (though some Russians apperently feel they were better off in some ways, when thweir land was the USSR).

So is theoretically not anti-religious as the USSR was. However, the Russian Orthodox Church has considerable power there, helped by President Putin being sympathetic to it, or afraid to upset it. I don't know if he is religious himself or relies on pleasing the Church to bolster his power.

So any drive against the Jehovah's Witnesses or any other church or cult may be to please the ROC.
      July 16, 2021 5:30 PM MDT