Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » How long would it take before cats started to eat their dead owners?

How long would it take before cats started to eat their dead owners?

See the source image

Posted - July 16, 2021

Responses

No time at all, I'm sure the three that live here are already plotting to kill the human inhabitants of the household. If they had opposable thumbs, they'd wipe us out. Cats are evil bastards.
      July 16, 2021 9:31 PM MDT

I asked my cat this question and he said -

1. Cats don't have "owners", they have staff.
    2. Cats are regal creatures and would never eat their staff (how gauche) unless absolutely necessary.  Necessity being - can't open the cat food, ran out of cat food and are successful at opening a door or window, no one hears their pleas for food (in any octave), they can't get the internet to work, Instacart won't deliver, or they get bored.

According to the Official Cat Book, if a member of a cat's staff doesn't move for a certain period of time (amount to be determined by the cat), the cat may riffle through their pockets (looking for bugs, kitty treats, cash or credit cards - the last two to pay Instacart and Amazon.com).
      July 16, 2021 9:31 PM MDT

No time at all.  I've always felt that cats have no real loyalty to their humans, unlike dogs.  A dog will sit next to a dead owner for a long time.  A cat - never.
      July 17, 2021 11:00 AM MDT

Probably the day after their food ran out
      July 17, 2021 5:23 PM MDT

That would be about two days.
      July 18, 2021 6:49 PM MDT