Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "Covid 19 cases are rising in all 50 states". Congrats to all those who participated by refusing to participate in the solution. PROUD?

"Covid 19 cases are rising in all 50 states". Congrats to all those who participated by refusing to participate in the solution. PROUD?

Posted - July 17, 2021

Responses

Contributor my2cents wrote: "How do you think the variants should be compared to the original?"
    I don't have an answer to that.

However, it is not a matter of comparing unvax to unvax; the assertion made having been a comparison of deaths from the Delta variant with the original virus, where if one uses figures taken following the availability of vaccines, there is not a proper comparison.

This post was edited by Robert at July 23, 2021 2:00 PM MDT
      July 23, 2021 1:58 PM MDT

Well to me the fairest way it is to compare unvaxed Delta death rate to death rate of covid pre delta and pre vaccination availability.  

But  removing the over 60yrs from the data because majority of those are vaccinated now in UK.   

Under 60 yrs 332,361 and 383 deaths =  .12 CFR

Pre vaccine and pre Delta (2020

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-reported-sars-cov-2-deaths-in-england/covid-19-confirmed-deaths-in-england-to-31-december-2020-report

July 23, 2021 2:37 PM MDT