Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I suppose every country has its own CASTE system. Top of the ladder and the bottomest. Which level are you?

I suppose every country has its own CASTE system. Top of the ladder and the bottomest. Which level are you?

Posted - July 18, 2021

Responses

I must be at the lowest level, as I keep getting all kinds of s*** (and we all know s*** flows downhill)    - humor
      July 18, 2021 10:54 AM MDT

Hahahahahahaha. AS IF! Do you really think I'd be hanging around for this length of time if that were TRUE? EGADS m'dear who do you think I am? Now I know there is humor here intended and accepted. But I'm a snob about my pals Shuhak. I don't dally around with those who are not smarter than me. I told you that. How can I learn anything otherwise and you KNOW that's why I'm here. Okay. I beat that dead horse. Thank you for your reply. I'm really disappointed that Riverside allowed (I suppose they had to allow it) matt and the loony tune goon to do a "rally" at Riverside City Hall at which about 100 attended in MAGA gear. Three times they got cancelled from California venues or so I read. They are desperate to matter I guess and it doesn't matter what else they do what matters is that GUANO notices them. How sad is that? And I just thought of a question! This post was edited by RosieG at July 18, 2021 4:49 PM MDT
      July 18, 2021 10:59 AM MDT

I'm far from the top 1%, but I'm far from the bottom as well.  
      July 18, 2021 1:11 PM MDT

To me you're the top! Thank you for your reply L! :)
      July 18, 2021 2:24 PM MDT

Thank you. :)
      July 18, 2021 4:53 PM MDT

You're welcome.:)
      July 19, 2021 2:46 AM MDT

I am hidden somewhere in the middle. Nobody cares about me.
      July 18, 2021 4:50 PM MDT

Climbing is so Passa.  I am on an Escalator.
      July 18, 2021 4:55 PM MDT

UH-OH. So was GUANO when he announced he was running for lord and master of the universe. Only he was going down. Escalators will forever be dam*ed because of him. Maybe you should get off and find a different way up? Just sayin'....

Also I disagree that working hard is passe. It is rare I give you that but. But cheating lying which is the favorite method these days doesn't bode well for the cheating liar or those who are the cheated and lied to.
    I'd rather WALK up the steps on my own. In fact I used to do that a lot when I was younger. Instead of taking elevators or escalators I'd WALK UP the stairs to get exercise. The escalator elevator makes people FLABBY. No disrespect to your reply O because I think it is tongue-in-cheek. I enjoy EARNING my way through life. That's when I feel I've accomplished something. I know I'm taking your lighthearted responsive and making it serious. Well that's my default mode. SERIOUS. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday. Here comes a question though! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 19, 2021 12:15 PM MDT
      July 19, 2021 2:52 AM MDT

I used to too, then car accident totally messed my right knee up.  A I go up for a few steps, but any more than that really hurts my knee.  Now, I can down but I can't actually step down on my right knee.  I step down on it but fall toward to the next step on my left foot.  
      July 19, 2021 12:20 PM MDT

I'm so very sorry to hear that O. So subsequent surgery didn't "fix" it?  I've been so lucky so far. Had a few 'close calls" but survived and thrived and I have no lingering anything that I have to live with. Well except aging of course which I am happy to do since the alternative isn't my cuppa tea! Do you take any pain meds to mitigate the pain? So many places have steps you have to walk up and then walk down. I guess you use avoidance where possible which makes sense. But when you can't avoid it you suffer. NOT FAIR! I know. Who is promised FAIR? Thank you for your reply. My Jim and my sister live with back pain and have for decades. Constant pain is not what anyone deserves. Well the BAD guys yes. But that's another story! :).
      July 20, 2021 4:04 AM MDT

Thank you.  As for doing more surgeries, I'd pass.  Had enough when I was 16.  I have learned to ignore the light constant pain from my right knee.  For the most part I've learned where to walk to cause the least amount of stress on my knee.  Taking pain meds don't help.  They gave me Morphine when I was in a coma; since then no other pain meds work.  A Massage therapist taught me few techniques on how to massage my knee to help relieve the pain when it gets to bad. This post was edited by ONeg-84 at July 21, 2021 4:08 AM MDT
      July 20, 2021 12:21 PM MDT

Would an ACE bandage help give some support? That is extremely terrifying to me m'dear. "...no other pain meds work". Morphine is a big serious thing to avoid methinks and if that is the only thing that works for you that takes away pain mitigation options that's sad. AARRGGHH! Would you get help by using a cane? When I broke my little toe I used it for a few weeks and it seemed to help a bit. Long ago I tried crutches for something...I don't remember what. But the pressure under my arms hurt more than the pain alleviation so I never used them again. Thank you for your reply O and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      July 21, 2021 4:12 AM MDT

I've tried the wraps and knee braces, but they are such a hassle to use, and if they get wet, they feel extremely uncomfortable.  The massages that was taught do actual help.  I just need a nice place to sit while I massage the knee.
      July 21, 2021 2:12 PM MDT

Oh so YOU'RE able to massage your knee yourself? There are no contraptions or machines or electronic thingies needed? That's wonderful!  From time to time Jim has had to get physical therapy for one thing or another throughout the years. Of course he gets diagrams of exercises he can do but none of them ever involved massage. When he'd go in though massage was part of the therapy. It was usually for his shoulder or his back which is harder to do alone. But a knee? Well I suppose if you have to suffer with something isn't it lucky it's something you can help take care of on your own? How long does the relief last? How tired do your hands get? How long do you do the massage m'dear? Inquiring minds want to know these things just in case! Oh I tore a muscle in my knee..Meniscus I think. I just stood up from the chair and I heard a weird popping noise then I got this terrible pain. Called the doctor and described what happened and what it felt like and he said 80% of the time it will heal itself. If not it takes surgery. Well how lucky for me mine healed on its own. It was very painful for the first few days and I used a cane for weeks. The doc told me it is common among athletes and it made me laugh. I'm the last person in the world who could be called "athletic"! Thank you for your informative reply O and Happy Thursday to thee and thine! :)
      July 22, 2021 3:09 AM MDT