Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is GOD a racist? What about JESUS? How do you explain all the "holy" folks who are? Do they BLASPHEME GOD and JESUS? Of what value are they?

Is GOD a racist? What about JESUS? How do you explain all the "holy" folks who are? Do they BLASPHEME GOD and JESUS? Of what value are they?

Posted - July 19, 2021

Responses

Is GOD a racist? What about JESUS? According to Scripture, the answer to that is no. Why are you specifically singling out "holy" folks and branding them as being racist? I've seen you do this before. Do you have a prejudice against them?

Prejudice: unreasonable feelings, opinions, or attitudes, especially of a hostile nature, regarding an ethnic, racial, social, or religious group.

So you tell me, which is worse, calling someone a racist without having all the facts? Or being so prejudiced against a said group that one would label them racist without cause? Unfortunately, racism and prejudice both exist in our society. It would be much better for all concerned if we would work to eliminate them instead of burying ourselves in them. Just my opinion as always.
      July 19, 2021 12:05 PM MDT

I will disagree with rusureamisure.
    The Old Testament scriptures make it blatantly obvious the Hebrew God is racist.
    If He were not, He would have no "chosen people".
    Not only is the Hebrew God racist, He is so to the point of genocide.
    It's a good thing the Jews disobeyed Him, or the Canaanites would have been killed to the last person - just for living in the land where God wanted the Hebrews to settle.

July 19, 2021 2:22 PM MDT

The OLD TESTAMENT GOD and the NEW are not the same GOD in my opinion Walt. The wrathful GOD and the loving GOD. I grew up with GOD IS LOVING and never was instructed to FEAR HIM. But many believe in THE WRATH OF GOD. Which GOD? Evangelicals will say GOD WAS ANGRY so he punished homosexuals and gave them AIDS. What kind of LOVING GOD does that? See what I mean? My GOD their GOD. MY GAWD there is no relationship between the two. For me fearing what I believe in makes no sense. I'm gonna ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 20, 2021 3:38 AM MDT

Such responses may look good on paper from a human perspective but they show a lack of knowledge of Scripture.
      July 20, 2021 11:57 AM MDT

Such responses may look good on paper from a human perspective but they show a lack of knowledge of Scripture.
      July 20, 2021 11:57 AM MDT

Only the two options below fit your response:

You deny the scriptures that state:
    ... the Hebrews are God's chosen people.
    ... God tells the Hebrews to kill all the Canaanites, to take the "promised land".
    ... God is never-changing.

Or you are an elitist who believes that only special people can "interpret" the scriptures.
    (and thus the scriptures are not for the common person to read)
      July 20, 2021 12:47 PM MDT