Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » What person do you know of should have been a Bond villian?

What person do you know of should have been a Bond villian?

Posted - July 20, 2021

Responses

Yes, a supervisor at my previous job. Blatantly made decisions based on knee-jerk assumptions that failed to take into account the actual steps necessary to complete the tasks, blindly assigned work that could have been completed more efficiently by other methods, thought all subordinates were less intelligent just by status in the workplace, played favorites, and worst of all, expected us to follow orders that were plainly obvious to go against both regulations and law. When challenged, the response was, “I’M the supervisor!”  My calm reply was, “Please put it in writing and sign it so that when the investigation begins, it will be clear as to why things are being done that way.” Not once did any of the illegal practices go forward by my hand. (Other employees feared retribution or retaliation and went along to get along.)

When I retired, which was in the first months of COVID19 shutdowns and alternating work-from-home chaos, I made contact in one way or another with approximately 300 coworkers, supervisors, upper management people and others, out of a force of about 330. There were about 10 to 20 other people I tried to reach but could not for whatever reasons, and about 10 I didn’t even bother. Guess who one of them was?
    ~

July 20, 2021 8:05 PM MDT

Me.
      July 21, 2021 7:33 AM MDT