Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are there some products YOU WILL NOT BUY because the company owners don't suit you religiously/politically? Or are you apolitical 24/7?

Are there some products YOU WILL NOT BUY because the company owners don't suit you religiously/politically? Or are you apolitical 24/7?

Posted - July 21, 2021

Responses

Yes.  My husband and I started making an effort to buy from politically neutral companies as much as possible.  We’re trying to avoid buying products or services from companies that donate to conservative or liberal causes as much as possible.
      July 21, 2021 11:33 AM MDT

GOOD FOR YOU honey! GOOD FOR YOU! I don't know why when or how politics invaded and infected so many things but it is DISGUSTINGLY EVIL methinks. Politically neutral. I expect that's not so easy to do for you. You almost have to DECLARE YOURSELF these days. Thank you for your reply Livvie and Happy Thursday to you and yours. Oh when do you expect your family to get together? Did it already happen or is it coming up soon? This post was edited by RosieG at July 25, 2021 10:10 PM MDT
      July 22, 2021 3:50 AM MDT

You’re right, buying politically neutral isn’t that easy for me to do.  It takes a lot of homework and it meant giving up some products that I really like.  Sometimes, it’s about just choosing the least political company.  My husband and I used to picky about buying USA-made as much as possible, but now we’ll choose products from politically neutral foreign companies over American companies whose corporate execs won’t keep their politics out of it.

My cousins from Argentina are here with me now.  At the end of this week, we’re driving to Wisconsin for our family reunion, then we’ll drive them back to Colorado from Wisconsin so they can get their second COVID shots.  They’re going home a couple of days after that but my husband and I’ll stay in Colorado for a week because we both have family there.
      July 25, 2021 10:30 PM MDT

Please say hi to Sirena for me Livvie. It's really nice isn't it to be with family you don't get to see often! I hope all goes super swell for you and you experience lots of awesome time together. It will probably go by much too fast but you'll have the memories and photos too! Thanks for sharing that with us! My son lived in Denver and taught at the University in Denver from 2005-2007 then moved to Honolulu where he has been teaching at the University of Hawaii in Honolulu. I expect he won't move again. He LOVES living in Hawaii! Colorado is so beautiful though. We visited Denver twice...once when we helped him and his then fiancee move there from Santa Monica and once we visited again to see their new home. Today rain is predicted for us in Hemet. FINGERS CROSSED we don't get stiffed! Happy Monday to you and your family m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 26, 2021 11:54 PM MDT
      July 26, 2021 2:00 AM MDT

You really need that rain.  It’s supposed to be 106°F here today and tomorrow, which is unusually hot for us.  It hasn’t been this hot since Martina visited me the first time a few years ago.  lol, I think she must be the bringer of hot weather now.
      July 26, 2021 11:58 PM MDT

We got some rain yesterday believe it or not! A couple of hours. We had hoped it would last longer but some is better than none! Wow! 106 is hot. We're supposed to be 97 today. We'll see how the day goes and how it ends. Thank you for your reply Livvie and say hi to Martina for me. Happy Tuesday! :)
      July 27, 2021 2:23 AM MDT

I guess I do since I've stopped buying GOYA products.
      July 21, 2021 11:41 AM MDT

((hugs)) Me too. Also I won't eat chick fil a. I won't eat Papa John pizza. I have never gone into the local HOBBY LOBBY. If I KNOW the owner is a GUANOHEAD I'd drop dead before I'd spend a dime there. Thank you for your reply Zack! :) They already draw blood. Not mine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 22, 2021 3:47 AM MDT
      July 22, 2021 3:46 AM MDT

Not yet.   I only boycott companies that I've had bad experiences with.   However, it is my opinion that companies should stay politically neutral.
      July 21, 2021 12:09 PM MDT

I won't buy chick fil a
    I won't eat Papa John pizza
    I won't patronize the local HOBBY LOBBY

If I know the owner is a GUANOHEAD I will never ever spend a dime there. NO EXCEPTIONS. I guess I'm hardnosed? They don't need my money. They are already richer than GOD. They don't need my pennies. They already draw blood. Not gonna draw any of mine! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      July 22, 2021 3:45 AM MDT

Come to think of it, I wouldn't touch a "my pillow" with a 1000 foot pole.

July 22, 2021 12:03 PM MDT

That nutjob crackpot doesn't get a crack at me! Well GUANO attracts all the weirdos. Does he notice? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      July 24, 2021 6:13 AM MDT