Discussion » Questions » Family » If you remember some details of a childhood squabble you had with your sibling(s), what are your impressions of it today?

If you remember some details of a childhood squabble you had with your sibling(s), what are your impressions of it today?

~

Posted - July 28, 2021

Responses

• My younger sister and I squabbled endlessly!  We were just totally different personalities and butted heads all the time.  She was a wild child and I was more quiet.  Now we're good friends and our personalities have grown closer together.  It was all about both of us being immature.
      July 28, 2021 8:12 AM MDT

What is the age difference between the two of you?
      My two brothers and I are all 13 months apart. Looking back on our inter-fraternal battles with the wisdom of age and maturity, none of the sparks were about anything important, but of course at the time, they were earth-shatteringly essential, lol.
    ~

July 28, 2021 8:25 AM MDT

• We're 3 years apart.  You and your brothers were really close in age!  My husband has 2 brothers ... lots of butting heads growing up.   
    It's funny .. my sister -- former "greaser" has turned into a "holy roller" and I have become more outspoken.  We get along better now because we keep our traps shut and don't talk about things we know will set the other one off.  
      July 28, 2021 8:41 AM MDT

My brother and I squabbled continuously.  I was a "saintly" child and he was a rebel (and when he failed to realize this I would manipulate my sister into beating him up). One squabble was about Matt Mason's head.   (Major Matt Mason was an action figure he got for Christmas from our grandma).  He said I took it and I said I didn't (did not, did too, did not, did too *face punch* MOOOOM, he hit me!  Did not, did too, did not, did too!).  I  really didn't take the stupid thing.  Yet to this very day he still insists I took it (did not, did too, did not, did too!).  
      July 28, 2021 11:45 AM MDT

We usually argued because I didn't want to go along with some of the crazy things my sister wanted to do that I KNEW would get us into trouble. 

Things shifted a bit when we were teens, then shifted again when we became adults. We had very different ideas about many things and weren't always a good influence on one another. 
      August 1, 2021 7:14 PM MDT