Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Who is going to buy the SURFSIDE condo collapse property? Loved ones of the dead want a memorial to be built there. What do you think?

Who is going to buy the SURFSIDE condo collapse property? Loved ones of the dead want a memorial to be built there. What do you think?

Some billionaire will fund it for a tax writeoff?

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

Generally speaking, in practice, city-land cleared of buildings, is more valuable financially for development, compared with land on which a tenement exists and in which are tenants who have contracts and so are also legally difficult to have move out.

I hope the causes of the tragedy will be ascertained to prevent any such thing happening again.

Although I am no expert, the view in the news of the damaged building before it was fully demolished seemed to me to show concrete floors that appeared rather thin. I wonder if the builder could have been told to limit the height of the building, but then designed the building, thinning-out its structural integrity to include as many apartments as possible.

While the causes have yet to be discovered, apparently a swimming pool is said to have leaked water, damaging the concrete structure.

This post was edited by Robert at July 31, 2021 6:37 AM MDT
      July 31, 2021 6:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your informative and helpful reply Robert and Happy Saturday to thee and thine! :) This post was edited by RosieG at July 31, 2021 6:46 AM MDT
      July 31, 2021 6:38 AM MDT