Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If great good things were suddenly bestowed upon you how would you react?

If great good things were suddenly bestowed upon you how would you react?

You would be exceedingly grateful and appreciative for it the rest of your life?

You would want more ask for more plan for more plot for more pray for more dream of getting more having more and lie,cheat,steal to get more and remain unsatisfied until you died?

Posted - July 31, 2021

Responses

I would act as if it wasn't too good to be true and swallow my pride and not look a gift horse in the mouth.
      July 31, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

Would it change you from a kind caring sharing individual to a wealthy SOB? I know. How can you answer a hypothetical with any assurance? Thank you for your reply CW and Happy Saturday to thee and thine.
      July 31, 2021 8:11 AM MDT

I would be grateful.
      July 31, 2021 9:11 AM MDT

Us too L. How could it be otherwise? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday to thee and thine! :)
      August 1, 2021 3:00 AM MDT

Happy Sunday. :)
      August 1, 2021 11:24 AM MDT

Thank you L! :)
      August 1, 2021 11:28 AM MDT

I would react by doing my Elvis impression and say - thank you thank you very much - then I would be grateful for the rest of my life. Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 31, 2021 9:37 AM MDT

Would you swivel your hips as you thanked folks Nanoose? I remember the first time Elvis guested on TV on The Ed Sullilvan show I believe they only showed him from the waist up! Those were the days of innocence for sure! You know what's sad about Elvis? From what I've read he was a fine polite respectful young man early on. Then fame descended upon him and he got involved in drugs and that was the end of the polite respectful young man. I wonder how many polite respectful young people ended up the same way? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 1, 2021 3:04 AM MDT

Good question.  I want to think I'd be grateful and appreciative.  However, suddenly receiving good/great things has a way of changing even the best of people - whether they think so or not.
      July 31, 2021 3:11 PM MDT

I'm with you m'dear. I'd like to think I wouldn't change but how can I KNOW that until/unless I experience it? I don't know what lurks in my subconscious Shuhak. I hope not dark devious but how would I KNOW? Kinda scary to think about it though so I won't. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 1, 2021 3:06 AM MDT