Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A very dear MUG friend wonders what our lives would have been like had we refused to take the polio/smallpox vaccines. WHADDAYA THINK?

A very dear MUG friend wonders what our lives would have been like had we refused to take the polio/smallpox vaccines. WHADDAYA THINK?

Vis a vis POLIO those who survived would be "living" in iron lungs or wheelchairs.

Now wouldn't that have been a whole lot better than we have it now? Of course it would.

Posted - August 1, 2021

Responses

I used to know a lady that had polio the reason she had polio was because when she was a child her father refused to get her the shot because he figured he was of the master race and his people were too strong to get polio. Cheers!
      August 1, 2021 9:52 AM MDT

GERMAN right? The MASTER RACE right? And the child suffers for the evil done by the parent. How often does that happen I wonder? How sad is that Nanoose? I wish there were a way to make perps like that father SUFFER for what was done or undone. RETROACTIVE justice. Oh what a wondrous thing that would be. I know you know what's coming. A question. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 1, 2021 11:11 AM MDT

There is an excellent documentary about Tanaquil Le Clercq a ballet dancer her career and her love life.  In the 1950's when the polio vaccine was still new the ballet troupe she belonged to decided to go for the vaccine and invited her.  Because at the time the vaccine made some people not feel well she decided to stay home.  As a result she contracted polio and never danced again.  The story includes her diagnosis and the following treatment.  I really found it to be informative and interesting.
    When Covid began I remembered her story and went as fast as I could for the vaccine.  
      August 1, 2021 10:18 AM MDT

Thank you for your very sad and informative reply BB. The name sounds vaguely familiar. So she paid the ultimate price! She "died" vis a vis  her ability to dance again. No do-over. The rest of her life she lived with regret. Her call so it's all on her. Same with the present-day Russian Roulette adoring worshippers. They may not suffer the same consequence as she did but they will not get off unscathed. :)
      August 1, 2021 11:09 AM MDT

Other diseases too: Tubercolosis, Tetanus, Rubella.

I wonder if those oppose vaccinations against any potentially deadly or disabling disease will ever have the courage to explain why they want these diseases to become rife again?
      August 3, 2021 3:53 PM MDT