Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The DIXIE wildfire in California has burned 250,000 acres so far. How is your fire season going? Better than ours?

The DIXIE wildfire in California has burned 250,000 acres so far. How is your fire season going? Better than ours?

Posted - August 1, 2021

Responses

We do not have fire season.  Different climate here.

CA needs fire to opens seeds etc. 
      August 1, 2021 12:01 PM MDT

Though here in Michigan we have fires, we don't have a fire season per se because of our climate. Most of the fires we have had were started by careless people, not the weather.
      August 1, 2021 1:02 PM MDT

• The only fire "season" I can see here in VA is the "4 pm Burning Law" which is in effect from Feb. 15 - Apr 30.  That restricts open air burning to begin after 4 p.m. during those months.

August 1, 2021 1:34 PM MDT

Oh goodness we've had that in California for many decades B! When I was a kid we had a combination barbecue/incinerator made of brick in the backyard. We'd put trash in the incinerator and set it on fire and burn the trash. On the other side we could barbecue. But that changed. We could no longer burn trash so we stopped using the incinerator side entirely. Thank you for your reply m'dear! :)
      August 2, 2021 2:08 AM MDT

NYC doesn't have a fire season and I don't believe the rest of the state does either.  I'm sure there are small brushfires, but nothing unmanageable.  We've had one of the wettest Julys on record, so I doubt there will be a problem.
      August 2, 2021 7:51 AM MDT