Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is Cuomo guilty or innocent? Is he the liar or are the 11 women who accused him? I know one thing for sure. What is that?

Is Cuomo guilty or innocent? Is he the liar or are the 11 women who accused him? I know one thing for sure. What is that?

The answer will almost CERTAINLY be gender specific.

Men will believe Cuomo because they all stick together
Women will believe the accusers because they all stick together except for the few "women" who always support their men

Gender specific. Ain't that a shame?

Posted - August 10, 2021

Responses

He is guilty of killing thousands of people in NY nursing homes. 

Yes, it sounds like at least some of these women are were harrassed.  One one them sounds like she was sending him mixed signals. (The 25 yr old) she confided in him about a rape. She goes to his private gym to workout. Etc. 

The lady who said he rubbed her butt sounds believable to me. 
      August 10, 2021 6:22 AM MDT

You make it sound as though he deliberately set out to kill people in nursing homes.  Stop with the dramatics.  He did no such thing and neither did the governors of Pennsylvania or any other state that did the same thing.  
      August 10, 2021 8:31 AM MDT

I do not know why he did it. But I know he (we all) knew covid was most at risk for elderly people and he ignored the risk.  And he did not protect them. 

Yes I know several Governors failed to protect citizens. And actually endangered them without even warning family members.  Disgusting.

He is gone. Resigned.  This post was edited by my2cents at August 10, 2021 10:57 AM MDT
      August 10, 2021 10:56 AM MDT

You sound like a broken record.  Where would you have liked those governors to put all those elderly patients?  Your 20/20 hindsight is amazlngly accurate.  
      August 10, 2021 12:52 PM MDT

1. It is not hindsight.  People were screaming about this at the time.   
    2. They had the Mercy ship. 
    3. They could have choosen 1 nursing home in each area and used it for covid positive residents.  Thereby, giving those covid residents continued care while still protecting those elderly residents the protection from the disease.  
    4. These people are supposed to be smart enougb to run government but they could not come up with that simple solution?  
      August 10, 2021 2:57 PM MDT

It is hindsight.  You are looking back at the way the disease spread and how contagious it was.  They were looking forward at it and knew little about it.  The Mercy Ship was docked in Los Angeles.  Do you think that it would have been feasible to transport all those seriously ill patients from nursing homes in New York to Los Angeles.  How easy do you think it is to move old, ill nursing home residents, some of whom were on ventilators and needed constant care.  You are so hell-bent on proving your point that you will use even the least logical explanation for what could have been done.  
      August 11, 2021 8:35 AM MDT

Mercy or Comfort whichever was there. 

I was one of the people complaining about it then.. I believe I posted a question here about it. 

Cuomo sent them into the nursing homes and ordered that a nursing home could not even test a resident or prospective for covid.   There is no way he thought that was good for or protecting his elderly constituency.     That is not hindsight...it is common sense. This post was edited by my2cents at August 11, 2021 1:39 PM MDT
      August 11, 2021 1:37 PM MDT

I explained to you yesterday that the Navy would not permit Covid patients to be treated on the Comfort which is why they weren't sent there.  Cuomo didn't send them into nursing homes, he sent them BACK to their nursing homes.
      August 11, 2021 2:13 PM MDT

And they were not the only solution.  He could have ordered the areas to designate one or two nursing homes as covid only. And they could had isolated them from non covid residents.

Some were indeed sent TO nursing homes. After contacting covid at home. Cuomo did not even allow the nursing homes to screen or test for covid.  That was/is down right evil. He did not even allow them to attempt to protect their residents. 
    I guarantee his Mama was not in any nursing home. 
      August 12, 2021 4:35 AM MDT

There isn't any point in discussing this with you because no matter what I, or anyone else would say, you are committed to blaming Cuomo.  How is it that you're chosen him to come down on like a ton of bricks?  Other governors did the same thing, but I don't hear you going on about them.  Maybe, if Trump had taken the virus more seriously from the get-go, there wouldn't have been so many people contracting it?  How is it you don't comment on that?
      August 12, 2021 6:46 AM MDT

Yes. I am blaming Cuomo.  And every other Gov who did this.  There is no defense for it. 
      August 12, 2021 5:20 PM MDT

But Cuomo is the only one you seem to have made your personal whipping boy.
      August 12, 2021 6:31 PM MDT

I did not ask the question. He is the topic.  He is the one who was the topic of the other questions as well.   
      August 13, 2021 4:21 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 10, 2021 12:54 PM MDT

I don't doubt that Cuomo took liberties with some of these women, but Ms. Commisso doesn't look like she's too repulsed by him in this photo.  Her head leaning into and touching his and her arm draped around his neck does not exactly give the impression that she's bothered by his close proximity.

August 10, 2021 8:51 AM MDT

Why "play along" and then whistleblow? I expect there are as many women who are OPPORTUNISTS as there are sleazeball perverted men. But all 11 of them? All OPPORTUNISTS?

You witness a crime. You stay mum. Years later you state what you know.

You are suspect. WHY DID YOU WAIT SO LONG? WHY STATE IT NOW WHEN IT WOULD HAVE MATTERED WHEN IT HAPPENED? WHAT IS THE GAME OF SOMEONE LIKE THAT? I don't know but such as they are not my cuppa tea. EITHER SAY SOMETHING WHEN IT HAPPENS OR SHUT THE F UP AND FUGGEDDABOUTIT! I despise those who pile on and/or BANDWAGON. I do. I have no use for them. SIGH. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 10, 2021 1:05 PM MDT

In some of the cases, the women reported it relatively quickly.  In others, not so much, but once they saw other women come out and tell their stories, they felt justified in jumping on the bandwagon.  I can't speak for anyone other than myself.  If some employer had crossed the line with me (and when I was young, one of them did), I wouldn't wait 20 years to tell my story.  I reported it to the senior partner and his secretary who both knew that this other partner had done this before, yet nothing was done, and then I found another job.  I was only there 6 months.
      August 10, 2021 1:52 PM MDT

I think I told you about my one experience with that. One day the "boss" put his hand on my knee. Then put a gift on my desk. I immediately reported it to the Head of Human Relations. I was transferred to another facility CLOSER TO HOME IMMEDIATELY. He was let go after that but not because of that. From what I heard a waitress at a restaurant reported him getting "fresh" with her and then he was gone. Me hanging around a creep like that? No way! Why others do I cannot say. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 12, 2021 4:17 AM MDT

I'm sure there are many reasons why women don't report their bosses, not all of them good ones, but that wasn't me.  I, however, did know that if I left that job, I wouldn't have any trouble finding another one right away.  
      August 12, 2021 6:48 AM MDT

That's the world we lived in way back then. If you did a good job you could always go out and get a good job better than the one you had before. There was NEVER a time I worried about being jobless. NEVER. NOT ONCE. These days who knows but I'm not working now so the point is moot. Another way the world has changed for the worse. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 12, 2021 7:57 AM MDT
      August 12, 2021 6:58 AM MDT

That is true.  Back in the day, there were always jobs for good legal secretaries.  My only concern at that time was that my resume would show such a short period of time with that firm.  I remained friendly with the secretarial admin at the firm before that one and she said she would cover those six months as working for the old place.  
      August 12, 2021 7:59 AM MDT

I wonder if we knew how good we had it would we have done things differently? If we had a clue about what we were going to be FORCED to go through would that have been a blessing or a curse? Thank you for your reply L! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 12, 2021 11:49 AM MDT
      August 12, 2021 11:46 AM MDT

I did realize back then that I had chosen a career that would pay better than most others without college and that would probably always be in demand.  There are good jobs out there today, but not necessarily ones that would be in demand for as long as mine is.  
      August 12, 2021 1:04 PM MDT

The world is a very different place than the one I which I worked for decades. Frankly I don't know how I would fit into it. It's great that I don't have to fit anyone's template. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 13, 2021 4:08 AM MDT