Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is Cuomo guilty or innocent? Is he the liar or are the 11 women who accused him? I know one thing for sure. What is that?

Is Cuomo guilty or innocent? Is he the liar or are the 11 women who accused him? I know one thing for sure. What is that?

The answer will almost CERTAINLY be gender specific.

Men will believe Cuomo because they all stick together
Women will believe the accusers because they all stick together except for the few "women" who always support their men

Gender specific. Ain't that a shame?

Posted - August 10, 2021

Responses

The legal field is a very different place from when I first started.  Now, I'm just an overpaid secretary.  The duties required of me regarding research, drafting documents, etc. are being done by paralegals.  With Covid and working at home, I'm pretty much just doing billing and a few odds and ends.  I'm at a point where if they decided they didn't need me anymore, I'd be happy to end my career. :)
      August 13, 2021 7:51 AM MDT

Well so you don't get to work with your boss anymore anyway? At least you have the great satisfaction of being USEFUL. "...just doing billing..."? Without bills being send out no one gets paid. Having a handle on Accounts Receivable and slow payers or deadbeats is essential. I also bet that your "odds and ends" are essential too. You'll know when it's time to leave my friend. And you will do so! Until then be happy you can be useful. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 13, 2021 7:55 AM MDT

I do work with my boss of 30 years, but we aren't face-to-face these days and we don't speak by phone much either.  He's very independent, so he makes most of his own calls and does most of his own scheduling.  I was wondering why he wasn't answering my emails on Wednesday and it turned out he was in Los Angeles and I had no idea!  We were originally supposed to be going back into the office after Labor Day, but we got a memo yesterday that because of the Delta variant, the date has been moved back to November 1.  
      August 13, 2021 8:00 AM MDT

I hope a Lambda variant isn't surging by then. So you work with him via email then? Anyway as long as you're happy nothing to worry about. The ball is in your court. You've got the keys to unlock anything you want and move on! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 13, 2021 8:08 AM MDT
      August 13, 2021 8:06 AM MDT

We do mostly email.  He's actually the only one I miss from work.  We used to have these great conversations over lunch.  

I'll be OK no matter what happens with my job.  
      August 13, 2021 8:09 AM MDT

That's a good feeling isn't it L? Plus you have a family waiting for you to move closer. Nifty that! Thank you for your reply. And Pennsylvania is such a beautiful state with so much going for it. I treasure my visit to Philadelphia in the late 1980's with a then-fiancee. :)
      August 13, 2021 8:13 AM MDT

It is a great feeling.  I have a financial advisor who has done very well for me and I'm pretty sure I will be just fine.  I am looking forward to the next chapter of my life in PA. :)
      August 13, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

You will still Answermug right? :)
      August 13, 2021 8:21 AM MDT

Of course. :)
      August 13, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

I know honey. I just had to see it in print! :)
      August 13, 2021 8:23 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 13, 2021 8:23 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 14, 2021 3:23 AM MDT

Considering his resignation today, let's assume that where there's smoke, there's fire. Is his guilt gender-specific enough for you?
      August 10, 2021 3:10 PM MDT