Active Now

Element 99
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you GOOD ENOUGH to handle with aplomb whatever comes your way? Do you THRUST/PARRY with the best of them or is it NOT YOUR CUPPA TEA?

Are you GOOD ENOUGH to handle with aplomb whatever comes your way? Do you THRUST/PARRY with the best of them or is it NOT YOUR CUPPA TEA?

Posted - August 10, 2021

Responses

Nope.  As a perfectionist I'm never "good enough" (got to be perfect).
      August 10, 2021 5:24 PM MDT

Yeah well what do you know? You just got an ASKER'S PICK for your version of the GUANO BIBLE m'dear. THAT WAS PERFECT! You just think you come up short. Well we are not the best judge of what we are whom we are and how we are perceived by others. Which brings up a question. WHO IS THE BETTER JUDGE? Us about ourselves or those with whom we engage? We know ourselves better than anyone BUT we're often tougher on ourselves than anyone else would be. I shall ask because I honestly don't know. I will argue with you till DOOMSDAY about that though Shuhak. Every time I hand off the baton to you I can count on you to keep running and not only that but accelerate the speed! For which I thank you! :)
      August 11, 2021 2:58 AM MDT

Funny you should mention that.  All last night (before I went to sleep and each time I woke up during the night) I wrestled with myself over that very post.  My mind was saying, "That would've been better had I said it this way instead",  "Rats!  I should have added this to it", "what if no one gets what I said?"            I can't tell you how many times I was tempted to get up, walk to the other side of the house, turn the computer back on and edit the post.  (I've actually done that many times in the past)
      August 11, 2021 2:01 PM MDT

You are hopeless m'dear but in a very endearing way. You know that Robert Burns poem with a line about being able to see ourselves as others see us? I wish you could do that. I wish everyone could because of course it works both ways. You've got the conceited prigs who are always right about everything all the time in their eyes and then there those who are always so tough on themselves. I expect the best place to be is smack dab in the middle but how do we get there? I can be very oblivious to a lot of things and come to the discovery very late. On the other hand I can pick up on some things right away. It can get very frustrating being me. I know you've told me that sometimes you spend a lot of time on a post. I don't. I just let it fly and I don't worry about it. Know why? Because my pals will always get the intention even if it is packaged clumsily. The unpals I ignore because I don't have time to waste on them. So I have no worries at all about how it comes across. I trust my pals and as for the others? I mean really who cares? Thank you for your reply Shuhak. Were your parents perfectionists perchance? :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 12, 2021 1:42 PM MDT
      August 12, 2021 2:16 AM MDT

I like to think I am. But trust /parry  is not my cup of tea - I am more of a trust/parry sweep kick kind of guy. Cheers!
      August 10, 2021 5:36 PM MDT

"Sweep kick"? VASS ISS DAT m'dear? You know what comes to mind Nanoose? Many years ago when TV was in its infancy wrestlers would be on TV. We'd watch anything om those. There were so few shows to watch. There was a move they called a "DROP KICK" where they jumped up into the air sidewise and kicked the opponent who'd fall down of course. They had some exotic names too. We didn't know then that it was all staged.

So is a sweep kick like a "drop kick"? You know what just occurred to me? Is there any relationship between martial arts and wrestling? I'll ask. Thank you for your reply and Happy Wednesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 11, 2021 2:52 AM MDT

No a sweep kick is were you sweep their legs out from under them. Cheers!
      August 11, 2021 8:22 AM MDT

Oh. Okey dokey. I did not know that. Now I do thanks to you! Merci gracias thanks Nanoose! :)
      August 11, 2021 8:24 AM MDT

Sometimes with aplomb, other times with a peach.
      August 10, 2021 5:53 PM MDT