Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » During WW 1 and 2 the world saw us as a country willing/eager to help others. They rejoiced when the yanks showed. WHO ARE WE TODAY?

During WW 1 and 2 the world saw us as a country willing/eager to help others. They rejoiced when the yanks showed. WHO ARE WE TODAY?

Do you have any idea?

Posted - August 17, 2021

Responses

I believe that the American people, from almost all walks of life, are still willing to and do help those in need. Be it money, food, clothing, shelter, water, or everyday necessities. Yes, this country has changed in some ways but a caring and giving heart still beats in a lot of us.
      August 17, 2021 12:27 PM MDT

We are, for the most part, still a caring country... individually speaking, that is.  Sadly, there are a growing number of people here who don't seem to care about anyone or anything other than themselves.  The kind of people who, if they say a burning house, would either ignore it or pour gasoline on it.  Many countries still look up to the US as a role model... although some weren't too sure when trump was president.
    Our media is mostly filled with news about countries like Iran, Russia, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and China ... and that news is rarely good.  When other countries do make it into the news, that news is usually tragic (as with  Haiti).

As for Afghanistan - had we not been there for the last 20 years, the taliban would have already ruled the country.  What's happening now would have already happened.  Would the results have been better or worse than now, we can't truly know (was our presence there helpful or not).  While we think every country should be "democratic" (like us), that's not how it always works out... sometimes it's for the better, sometimes not.
      August 17, 2021 3:09 PM MDT

Thank you for a very thoughtful analysis of our state of being at the moment. This country is no longer democratic. The GUANO and his GUANOHEADS have seen to that. The GUANOHEAD pols are daily taking away any shreds left of decency morality kindness justice honor and truth. All reds are GUANOHEADS bent on destroying our way of life. Legislating against the right of the people to VOTE? Dozens or hundreds or thousands of LAWS advancing the white supremacist nutjob crackpot agenda everywhere in America. Daily hourly minutely secondly that is all they "care" about. Annihilation of a nation is occurring right now and we can't seem to STOP it! Where the he** is Congress? Where the he**is JUSTICE? In hiding or did they/it leave our country once GUANO took over? Vile vermin maggots..red GUANOHEADS. LIARS LIARS LIAR LIARS. Crushing everything noble honorable and good is the goal. Will they achieve it completely? I am not betting against them. The whole world is fired up with and FUELED BY HATE and FASCIST AUTHORITARIANISM and WHITE RACISM. THE WHOLE WORLD! I guess I'm having a bad day hopewise Shuhak. Bad me and good you. Apologies for the dark dark dark view. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at August 18, 2021 11:05 AM MDT
      August 18, 2021 3:36 AM MDT

This sounds really bad, but remember he liked the way Kimmy ran North Korea.  I think he wanted to use it as a pattern for the US.  I doubt that many of the idiots fighting for him actually want (or even know) exactly what their "fight"  will ultimately bring.  They scream freedom, but they fight for dictatorship.  Sheeple. 
      August 18, 2021 11:10 AM MDT

OMG Shuhak! So thass why he pandered and sucked up to that fat little man? OMG! His adoring worshippers are braindead GUANOHEADS.Not an opinion. A GIVEN! They are dolts who roll over on his command. They are weaponized attack dogs who listen for his command! Human beings they ain't. What there are is not known. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 18, 2021 11:23 AM MDT

I believe he even wanted a military parade like N. Korea.

Many are blind fools.  Blindly following a person and his lies, not noticing that they are stumbling headlong into an abyss.
      August 18, 2021 11:27 AM MDT

Yeah I remember that! He is all about SHOW and PHOTO OPS and that is all he is good for. Creating a show that is so bizarre weird peculiar queer that folks cover it. But and this is big BUTT...76 million people voted for this maggot in 2020 after 4 years of his vile vicious hateful treasonous greedy selfish "rule". And they wanted MORE OF THE SAME? I rest my case. 76 millions nutjob crackpots adore GUANO. Intelligent? Hahahahahahahaha. NO! Sheesh. Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      August 18, 2021 11:36 AM MDT

Occupied Europe and Asia saw us that way ... but not the world.
    We were still hated in South America, for our actions there.  Which is why it was seen as a safe haven for NAZIs to flee to.
    Then we destroyed the good feelings towards us in Asia, when we entered Korea and Viet Nam - and backed Taiwan.
    Then we degraded the good feelings of much of the rest of the world, when we used other nations as proxy-battlegrounds against the Soviets.
      August 17, 2021 3:15 PM MDT

And here we are today. Not who we used to be or thought we were or hoped wished prayed. All frayed and tattered and shabby and trashy. Tomorrow? Who knows? Until GUANO and the GUANOHEADS become footnotes in history we are going to be on this stinky smelly stenchy track. Thank you for your reply Walt and Happy Wesnesday to thee and thine! :)
      August 18, 2021 3:30 AM MDT

I don't know, so why don't you tell us?
      August 18, 2021 11:12 AM MDT

Canada used to look at America as our big brother but after the first couple of months of Trump being in the WH we started looking at America as our crazy uncle. Cheers!
      August 18, 2021 12:45 PM MDT