Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » According to a study the pfizer vaccine efficacy wanes after 6 months. Any of you get it in February?

According to a study the pfizer vaccine efficacy wanes after 6 months. Any of you get it in February?

Your six months are up.

Posted - August 19, 2021

Responses

Yes, my first shot was in February.
      August 19, 2021 4:41 AM MDT

We got ours April 8. We waited for the J&J. But you know what BB? I think all of it is a crapshoot! That is to say they are in uncharted waters and don't know so much more than they do know. I believe "they" are doing their best to figure it out. Fingers crossed. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 19, 2021 6:02 AM MDT

I'll take one every year if necessary.  Covid is not the same as a bad case of the flu.  Covid was designed to take people out of commission, one way or another.  Chemical warfare, and part of that possibly, is putting out information that Covid is not real.
      August 19, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

I'm guessing we probably will have to have them yearly and maybe booster shots too. We're clearly behind the 8 ball on this. Thank you for your reply BB! :)
      August 19, 2021 8:29 AM MDT

:  )
      August 19, 2021 1:37 PM MDT

I got the Moderna vaccine in February and March.  We keep hearing a lot about the Pfizer vaccines, and less about Moderna.  
      August 19, 2021 8:18 AM MDT

They keep studying and studying and studying. I just read the results of one that says the J&J are much better at defending against the Delta variant so a booster shot may not be necessary. That could change tomorrow to be that the J&J doesn't help at all. They are really behind the curve on this because it is very terribly complicated. Another study says that 3 months is the max efficiency for Pfizer and Moderna and then efficacy goes downhill. Then something will contradict that tomorrow probably. The fact is THEY JUST DO NOT KNOW FOR CERTAIN. Sigh. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 19, 2021 8:32 AM MDT

We all have to remember that this is a "first" in terms of a pandemic for this generation.  There is little scientific data available and more comes in every day.  What is clear is that 95% of the new cases of Delta that require hospitalization are people who have NOT been vaccinated.  If nothing else, that should tell us that the vaccine, irrespective of the length of its efficacy, is enough of a reason to get vaccinated so you don't wind up in the ICU on a ventilator or worse.  
      August 19, 2021 9:04 AM MDT

True. And it keeps mutating variantating. I know they are doing their best. Will it be good enough? I don't know. I shall ask. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 21, 2021 11:58 AM MDT

Well, it's able to alter its properties because too many people are not vaccinated, so for as long as people refuse vaccinations, there will be variants.
      August 21, 2021 12:16 PM MDT

Circle of death. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      August 21, 2021 12:17 PM MDT