Active Now

Randy D
Shuhak
DannyPetti
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Dangle pizza and $100 in front of them and they still WON't get vaccinated. They're more afraid of a vaccine than they are of dying. WHY?

Dangle pizza and $100 in front of them and they still WON't get vaccinated. They're more afraid of a vaccine than they are of dying. WHY?

Posted - August 20, 2021

Responses

People have the right to choose what they will or won't do. And bribing people with a piece of pizza and a hundred dollars isn't about to change the minds of those who choose not to get vaccinated. You should know that by now.

"They're more afraid of a vaccine than they are of dying".  Do you know for a fact that's true?
      August 20, 2021 10:22 AM MDT

"They're more afraid of a vaccine than they are of dying".  Do you know for a fact that's true?

I can't answer for all those people ... but I know a few who believe that.
    They literally claim everybody in their office who has received the vaccine can no longer work due to heart trouble or blood clots.
    Knowing their office, I know that not everybody received the same vaccine and the only thing they have in common is the work space - thus the problem (IMO) is more related to their work space than the vaccine.
    But the truth is they are exaggerating, and probably don't really actually know anybody - but blew what they read online out of proportion and applied it to their office to try and increase their own credibility.
    But yeah - they truly appear to believe they will die if they get the vaccine.
      August 20, 2021 11:22 AM MDT

I personally had a loved one (not a distant cousin I never met etc) but someone who I have known and loved for my entire life who died from the vaccine.  I do not know which one.  I know it was 2 dose so it was not the J&J. Person was did not have a reaction from the 1st dose. 

Would I die from the vaccine? I do not know. I do not have the same medical history nor same age etc. 
    But I do believe I have just as much of a chance of it or another reaction from the vaccine as I do from the disease itself.  I choose to take my chances without it. Either case is under 1% for my age bracket. 
      August 20, 2021 12:41 PM MDT

My condolences to you.

The people I talk about above, are ... "intellectually challenged", would be a polite way of stating it.
    They believe the strangest conspiracy theories.
    I mean, I am afraid for their family as they attend a church whose pastor seems to be another Jim Jones type.

August 20, 2021 2:39 PM MDT

Thank you.  

I am happy to say I don't know anyone like that IRL just on the internet. 
      August 20, 2021 11:01 PM MDT

:):):)
      August 21, 2021 2:52 AM MDT

:):):)
      August 21, 2021 7:08 AM MDT

No one ever offered me $100 or a pizza to get vaccinated.  It was more like, "If you wanna live, roll up your sleeve".  Hey, can I still get 'em?   I haven't had a non-homemade pizza for nearly 2 years now.
      August 20, 2021 4:29 PM MDT

So will you share your recipe with me? Do you make your own dough from scratch? We haven't had pizza in a VERY LONG TIME. There is a Frescetta that advertises being made with WHOLE GRAIN which is pretty good. And the Di Giorno plain cheese is what we'd buy and then add a few thngs to at home like mushrooms. I've never made pizza from scratch I'm embarrassed to say. I don't know why. I used to bake a lot all the time but now I usually do top of the stove or if the oven is on it's usually for a roast (RARELY any more) or turkey or chicken or something. Thank you for your reply Shuhak. They did that later on to entice the hardsells. Imagine paid to do something to save your life? People are ery weird but I don't have to tell  you that. Weird not in any kind of BRILLIANT way. Just play dumb weird. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 21, 2021 2:41 AM MDT

Yes, the dough is from scratch. 

While there is a recipe, I've made pizza so often that now I just "do it". 

Let's see...

Preheat oven to 425 F

2-1/2 cups flour
    1 tsp sugar
    1 pkg. yeast (2-1/4 tsps)
    1 cup warm water (115-125 degrees F)  
    2 tbsp oil (light oil, such as sunflower, is best)

In a large bowl, combine yeast and sugar.
    Add water, and stir vigorously until yeast is dissolved.
    Wait for yeast to "bloom" (1-3 minutes).
    Thoroughly mix in 1 cup flour.
    Add oil and another cup of flour.  Mix thoroughly. 
    Add remaining flour and mix thoroughly by hand.  If dough is to sticky, add a bit more flour.
    Let dough rest for 3-5 mutes
    Lightly coat a large pizza pan with cornmeal (to prevent sticking).  
    Roll out dough evenly leaving 1/2" to 1" overhang.
    Crimp overhang with fingers,  creating an edge.  (I do a light roll with a glasson the inside bottom of the crimp for looks)
    * For a thin crust - prick dough thoroughly with a fork.  Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven
    * For a thick crust, cover dough and allow to rise in a warm location (15-20 minutes depending on desired thickness)  Do not to prick or bake.

My tomato sauce is juiced down tomatoes from my garden, or you can use a 8oz can of tomato sauce.
    I add dried chopped garlic, dried chopped onion and some parsley flakes to the sauce and then let sit for 5-10 minutes before use.  No, I don't measure them, I just use what I feel is "correct".  Garden tomatoes need a bit of salt to reduce bitterness, otherwise I don't use salt.

Spread sauce evenly over pizza crust (on a thick crust, lightly press down any bulges in dough)

Add toppings as desired.  (cheese, mushrooms, bacon, etc.)

Bake for about 20 minutes
      August 21, 2021 1:43 PM MDT

How big is it?
      August 21, 2021 2:09 PM MDT

16"
      August 21, 2021 2:15 PM MDT

Thank you.
      August 21, 2021 2:23 PM MDT

Thank you so much for sharing your recipe Shuhak. What kind of flour? I only use Bob's Red Mill stone ground whole wheat flour. Think that would work? I have everything but the yeast and tomato sauce which I will get Tuesday at Walmart. What kind of yeast? The dry packet kind or the cube solid kind? I'll wait until the weather gets cooler. I haven't used the oven in months. Then I will surprise Jim! I will of course credit you! Oh boy. Homemade pizza! When I was a kid my grandmother used to make pizza all the time. It was THE BEST! I use only canned San Marzano tomatoes from Italy. They taste so much better. I haven't bought tomato sauce in years but I'll pick up a can or two. Many thanks and merci beaucoup to you!:) This post was edited by RosieG at August 22, 2021 9:59 AM MDT
      August 22, 2021 2:03 AM MDT

I use unbleached wheat flour (I know, unhealthy), however, you can use any flour you wish (or a mixture of different kinds of flours).   I used to substitute a few tablespoons of whole wheat flour when I had it.  Keep in mind, some flours are "heavier", which may affect the consistency of the dough.  But if that's what you like, then go for it.  
    I use dry yeast in a jar.  It's usually cheaper to buy yeast that way than in packets (at least around here).  I used a bag of Bob's Red Mill yeast last year as it was all I could find.
    Making good pizza dough takes a knack, so don't be discouraged if it doesn't turn out "perfect" the first time (it took me a few years).

August 22, 2021 10:33 AM MDT

Thank you for the pep talk m'dear. Well good delicious homemade pizza is certainly worth the effort. It took you a few years to get it JUST RIGHT. That's also very helpful to know. My mouth is watering. Well autumn will be here but I fear it will be a warm one. Whenever I can I will make it and then let you know how it turned out. :)
      August 23, 2021 3:27 AM MDT