Active Now

DannyPetti
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » When you don't grasp/get/understand what others are discussing do you blame them or youself for the lack of connecting?

When you don't grasp/get/understand what others are discussing do you blame them or youself for the lack of connecting?

Some folks become hostile and angry when they don't get what you are talking about.
BELLIGERENT too.

WHAT UP WITH THAT?

Posted - August 21, 2021

Responses

In my encounters with people, I can usually grasp what people are trying to say because I take the time to listen and they usually take the time to explain what they mean. The only time I may get upset is if the person is deliberately being vague. And when you ask them to clarify what they mean, they don't. I may get irritated when they do that but I don't get belligerent about it nor do I become hostile or angry. For me, it's not worth it.
      August 21, 2021 5:30 PM MDT

I think much depends on how articulate a person is.  That determines how well they express their thought in a clear manner.  If I don't understand, I will ask for clarification.  
      August 22, 2021 11:01 AM MDT

I do too. I can't reply or respond to anything I don't understand so I ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 23, 2021 2:30 AM MDT