Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » What's your favorite film containing an adverb in the title?

What's your favorite film containing an adverb in the title?

Mine is "Desperately Seeking Susan."

Posted - September 4, 2021

Responses

'Tombstone'. What's an adverb?
      September 4, 2021 12:37 PM MDT

Google is your friend, but I took the three seconds to do the work for you. You're welcome.

ad·verb
    /ˈadˌvərb/

noun
    GRAMMAR
    1. a word or phrase that modifies or qualifies an adjective, verb, or other adverb or a word group, expressing a relation of place, time, circumstance, manner, cause, degree, etc. (e.g., gentlyquitethenthere ).
      September 4, 2021 1:25 PM MDT

I am too stupid to understand that. I still use them, but I don't know why I should know what they, or any other articles of speech are. I never understood that and actually asked an English teacher about it. She gave me a lame answer that made no sense. I wonder if Shakespeare knew all of that. I am not trying to offend grammarians; everyone has their own thing.
      September 4, 2021 1:36 PM MDT

Better Off Dead (1985)
      September 4, 2021 1:37 PM MDT

I suck at favorites. I'll say "Bang the Drum Slowly", because it fits the category well and it is good. 

September 4, 2021 7:14 PM MDT

That's a good one that I loved being a big baseball fan growing up in NYC and going to games at Shea and Yankee Stadiums, where all the baseball scenes were filmed. Michael Moriarty, Vincent Gardenia, and Robert DeNiro were great in it as well.
      September 4, 2021 7:20 PM MDT

I'll bet it was super cool for you. I don't care much for baseball, but there is something cool about being there in person with someone who really is into it that I have enjoyed several times. The energy is contagious, too! 

September 4, 2021 7:24 PM MDT