Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Seat belts don't guarantee survival in a car crash but DO increase its likelihood. Why are they compulsory while vaccines are not?

Seat belts don't guarantee survival in a car crash but DO increase its likelihood. Why are they compulsory while vaccines are not?

Posted - September 13, 2021

Responses

Special interest group lobbying....ie. Insurance companies.  Also the penalty for not wearing a seatbelt does not prevent the rider from traveling etc.

Also the seat belt is not injected into the user's body. 
      September 13, 2021 6:26 PM MDT

Seat belts Seatbelts
      September 13, 2021 7:21 PM MDT

The OED has it listed as two words.
      September 13, 2021 8:25 PM MDT

He didn't attend Oxford.
      September 14, 2021 3:34 PM MDT

Because people are dumb-a****!  

They gripped and moaned when seat belts became mandatory (in this country).  How DARE anyone tell them how they can and can't be in their  car!  There were protests, they took it to court, tried to declare it unconstitutional, many simply refused to comply.  They managed to block cops from giving out tickets for non-compliance for quite a while.  (can't pull anyone over simply for not wearing a seatbelt... must be for another infraction).  Some of those non-compliers died horrifically in car crashes.

The non vaxxers are sprouting the same old  lame-a**ed excuses again now.  Me to you - Either get vaccinated or: You do NOT leave your house!  You do NOT work.  You will get NO assistance (welfare, SSI, medical, etc.)!   If you violate any of these mandates you will be locked up in a jail until you either comply with vaccination or die!  Choice is yours.  

I don't give  hairy rat's patootie about "rights"!  By their noncompliance they're violating MY right to live!   And frankly, after all the **** I've had to put up with about "whose lives matter" and "how their "rights" supersede everyone else's", it's high time that my rights supersede theirs!
      September 13, 2021 8:04 PM MDT

dumb-a**** dumba****
    gripped griped. Unless they were holding on to something, lol!
      September 13, 2021 8:58 PM MDT

I use hyphens and other stuff to appease the censor gods.

All right, who stuck the extra "p" in there?   Come on, fess up!  
      September 13, 2021 11:15 PM MDT