Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Did anyone else get to keep their wisdom teeth?

Did anyone else get to keep their wisdom teeth?

Posted - November 1, 2016

Responses

That guy thinks I am totally nuts and I don't blame him. 

I kind of went off on him the other day.  
      November 1, 2016 1:51 PM MDT

• I have all my wisdom teeth. They came in straight and there's no reason to remove them. My dentist was like "you have so many teeth!" lol--they aren't used to seeing people with all of them in, but some of us get to keep them. 
      November 1, 2016 2:04 PM MDT

• Same here.  Mine had enough room as to have no reason to remove them.   Though they are hard to clean properly and I lost one a few days ago.   Man it it feels weird not having it there now.
      November 1, 2016 2:09 PM MDT

I lost my first back tooth last year (not a wisdom since that is the same side I had them out).  No decay...just the gums had eroded apparently and weakened the structure.  I go and get my teeth clean every 6 months too.  It IS weird to no longer have a tooth where you once had it.  
      November 1, 2016 3:03 PM MDT

I HOPE SO. I had all my teeth for decades and am only missing a few back ones.  Where do you live that someone of your age looks amazing because he has all his TEETH?  Are you in one of them hollers over there?
      November 1, 2016 2:43 PM MDT

Same here.
      November 1, 2016 3:08 PM MDT

I had 4 teeth pulled to get braces as a young teen.  I have huge teeth.  Then about 25 years ago, I need two wisdoms out.  I still have the other two, although I will have them removed should they give me any issues.  I lost a tooth in the back unexpectedly last year.  It just died and I had it pulled.  So that's 7 teeth out.  Thankfully, you would never know it if you saw my smile.  I never want to lose any in the front!
      November 1, 2016 3:08 PM MDT

It is INSANE. The cost of teeth and dental work.

And what is even more insane is being a dentist and having to freaking pay for all that equipment.  It is VERY expensive.  That is why.  Their overhead is enormous.  That chair alone costs about what rent on a place costs for 3 years.  LOL

http://www.theturbinesource.com/ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at November 2, 2016 6:29 AM MDT
      November 1, 2016 3:54 PM MDT

That spittoon costs extra.
      November 1, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

Truth, not to mention the discomfort if you have nice big nerves in your teeth that never get numb enough.
      November 1, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

• Yep.   A lot of dentists even buy used chairs when starting out. As expensive as dental work is though it's  been my experience they tend to be the most flexible and willing to work with you on payment and price compared to other medical doctors.
      November 2, 2016 6:32 AM MDT

My teeth are my best feature.  I would be traumatized if I ever lost my smile.  No wonder it was a common nightmare for me to have all my teeth falling out.  I have had those dreams for years.

November 1, 2016 3:58 PM MDT

Pea, there is nothing more telling than bad teeth.  It ruins everything. 
      November 1, 2016 4:00 PM MDT

I agree.  It's one thing you cannot hide.
      November 1, 2016 4:57 PM MDT

• I feel bad for some people with bad teeth.  I really don't think it's a fair thing to judge someone on.
      November 2, 2016 6:33 AM MDT

That is NOT what I meant, Glis.

I meant it just looks unattractive compared to good.  Not that I would judge.

Bad skin is the same thing.  It doesn't mean they are "less than" it means that it is a noticeable condition. 
      November 2, 2016 9:03 AM MDT

So true.  People lose teeth by no control of their own.  They can have medical issues or need to take medications that can make them lose them.  Dental care is a luxury for many Americans without insurance.  I know if I wasn't able to afford the care I got, I could easily be toothless.  Dental issues run in my family and many of my family members have lost teeth.  It's really sad.

This post was edited by PeaPod is just popping by at November 2, 2016 2:10 PM MDT
      November 2, 2016 2:08 PM MDT

I only had mine removed because two of them kept pinching my cheeks and the dentist said it would be best to just remove all of them at once and I just went along with it.
      November 1, 2016 7:39 PM MDT

I kept mine in a jar for a while. I don't know where it is now, though.
      November 2, 2016 4:18 AM MDT

• I'm still mad at my parents for not saving my baby teeth.  I'd love to have my  baby teeth necklace.
      November 2, 2016 6:35 AM MDT

• Nope, I've lost all my wisdom......................................................................teeth
      November 2, 2016 6:23 AM MDT

• Lost or had pulled?
      November 2, 2016 6:34 AM MDT

• I had them all pulled. They hurt too bad when they were coming in.  With the first one,  i couldn't eat for about two weeks.  Even broth hurt.  I finally went and had it removed. When the others started, I sent straight to the dentist to have them pulled. 
      November 2, 2016 9:19 AM MDT

Yes, I have 4 of them.
      November 2, 2016 10:12 PM MDT