Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » If my TV is on ABC and I start watching something on Netflix, will my TV still be counted as an ABC viewer during the time I'm streaming?

If my TV is on ABC and I start watching something on Netflix, will my TV still be counted as an ABC viewer during the time I'm streaming?

I could not find an answer in my exhaustive five-minute research endeavor.    Thanks.

Posted - October 1, 2021

Responses

(Good question, though.)
      ~

October 1, 2021 5:04 PM MDT

I think it will still count as ABC. And Netflix will report you as a viewer as well.

I just Ducked it and what you watch is only counted in ratings IF you are actually a Nielsen family.  This post was edited by my2cents at October 1, 2021 9:50 PM MDT
      October 1, 2021 8:39 PM MDT

Ah, sounds like you have a real question there, needing a real answer TM. You'll need to seek out the sense and logic necessary for a meaningful answer on a more appropriate platform. 
      October 3, 2021 7:11 AM MDT

:(

October 3, 2021 7:33 AM MDT

Well, I've read some more and it doesn't really matter.  TV viewer numbers are extrapolations from numbers reported by randomly selected households.  In other words, it's probably less accurate that political polls.  Netflix, of course, can determine how many members watch specific offerings.  Just in case, I've set my TV to a Florida station that covers the state legislature.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at October 4, 2021 4:39 AM MDT
      October 3, 2021 8:32 PM MDT

Yes. I was a little surprised it is not more accurate now with all the smart tvs and cable boxes being required now. 
    I do the same thing...I make sure my TV is on something I want them to count or at least not something I do not want them to count.
      October 4, 2021 4:41 AM MDT