Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Obviously the shipping problem from overseas is important news, but when they show a segment about it,

Obviously the shipping problem from overseas is important news, but when they show a segment about it,

they show empty shelves in the toilet paper aisle. Aren't our paper products made here, or are we using Chinese TP?

Posted - October 24, 2021

Responses

TP is made from wood pulp so it's likely that in the process, some portion of it may need to be imported from other countries.
      October 24, 2021 12:49 PM MDT

Supply chain crisis has something to with an earthquake in Japan in 2011 and nuclear meltdowns and something to do with Russia and something to do with Merkle shutting down a bunch of Nuclear plants and something to do with Covid and something to with Brexit. I was in a meeting about the supply chain crisis but it was on a Friday so I was only paying half attention and that’s all I remember.
      October 24, 2021 12:56 PM MDT

They have to incite panic.  Panic is economical.  

Alas, we're so greedy that we've outsourced some poof out TP production  to China and India. 
      October 24, 2021 1:04 PM MDT

It's a relatively new phenomenon - whenever there's a crisis of any kind, idiots start panic buying TP.
      October 24, 2021 4:47 PM MDT

The local store that I shop at has quite a bit and quite an assortment of American-made toilet paper. Very little if any Chinese tp is sold here. I wouldn't buy it if they did. You have to admit, the media loves to make things look worse than they really are. :)
      October 25, 2021 4:24 PM MDT