Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Games » Do you have a specific way of putting a jigsaw puzzle together?

Do you have a specific way of putting a jigsaw puzzle together?

Posted - November 2, 2021

Responses

By not doing them.
      November 2, 2021 8:18 PM MDT

I like the ones of 1,000 pieces, I prefer starting with the borders first by locating the single-edged pieces that make it up. As I do that? I also group other pieces by their colors for later use, which avoids sifting through the same ones more than once.
    From there, I construct as much of the border as I can and work inward, but sometimes the border cannot be fully completed before moving on to the next step, which is selecting the most prominent color scheme or visual feature(s) within the body of the puzzle.
    I look for any unique feature that is only found on one or on a very few pieces. It’s painstaking, but slowly I can locate surrounding pieces by trial and error. I take special care not to be fooled by pieces that only seem to fit together but their shapes are only close to the correct ones.
    Even if only two pieces fit properly, I set them aside until I find others that can be joined to them. This is true of three-piece, four-piece, five-piece, etc. groups. Eventually, many of these smaller groups fit into each other, increasingly completing more sections toward the final goal.
    Not surprisingly, this entire process is something I prefer to do alone, but that’s more of a rare luxury than a common occurrence. When other people simply must be included, I usually wait until I can work on it singlehandedly, and often that requires unscrewing up what they have screwed up, mainly, incorrectly jamming pieces together that are not matches.
    The utmost in patience is obviously a chief asset here, along with the tolerance of frustration over damaged, lost or missing pieces.
    ~

November 2, 2021 9:01 PM MDT

That sounds like an excellent method.  Could you expand on it a little?
      November 3, 2021 6:00 AM MDT

I don’t have much of an opinion on the topic. It’s not anything to which I give a lot of thought. I don’t like to talk about it.
    ~

November 3, 2021 7:05 AM MDT

I'd be the first person to join you with such a thing, but I in no way have the patience and/or mental faculties to do so. I would just end up tossing them in your face or something.
      November 2, 2021 9:04 PM MDT

November 2, 2021 9:06 PM MDT

In the mental hospital, they had a set of the big pieces, but I just sat there just looking at them.
      November 2, 2021 9:22 PM MDT

Did you feel your mind move?
    I was thinking real hard about feel your mind move and I arrive at the conclusion it was gleaned from this song. I have a real bit of fond albeit morbid affinity for classic 70's rock you know Zack? Let's see if I'm close..Oops. Hey mind move is found together Zack . In this concoction. Yay!
    Let your mind) Move (Put me on line) Come on let's sweat, baby Let the music take control Let the rhythm move you Sweat, sweat Let the music take control Let the rhythm move you Everybody dance now Everybody dance now Everybody dance now Pause take a breath and go for yours On my command now hit the dance floor It's ..and my name is Chris Chaplain...Heyy CC..It's no coincidence you know? The Chris Chaplain Factory!
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at November 2, 2021 9:57 PM MDT
      November 2, 2021 9:34 PM MDT

Someone suggested I work a puzzle to relieve stress/anxiety. I don't think it's working.
      November 3, 2021 6:02 AM MDT

Perhaps a new relationship, Dear?

~

November 3, 2021 7:06 AM MDT

So the journey continues....
      November 3, 2021 9:22 AM MDT

Yes. (OCD)

Find and put together all edge pieces.  Pick out all same color pieces.  Look for fitting shapes and put together.  Once they "stop fitting", set aside and go on to next color.

November 2, 2021 10:38 PM MDT

Hey, wait . . . !

~

November 2, 2021 11:55 PM MDT

Well said!
      November 3, 2021 6:03 AM MDT

Well, I don't do many puzzles anymore but I wouldn't mind.  They are fun.  I always find the corners, then the edge pieces.  Then I separate the pieces by their major color.  They I just start doing it. 
      November 3, 2021 4:49 PM MDT

Typo alert.
    ___

November 3, 2021 8:19 PM MDT