Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Why do jars of mayonaisse always say REAL MAYONAISSE?

Why do jars of mayonaisse always say REAL MAYONAISSE?

Is there a fake mayo?

Posted - November 9, 2021

Responses

Who uses it anyway? It's so bland.
      November 9, 2021 10:37 AM MST

I agree. I use Miracle Whip.
      November 9, 2021 11:04 AM MST

I love you, Man.

~

November 9, 2021 11:31 AM MST

Gross. Miracle Whip is just mayo with high fructose corn syrup added. That's one of the worst things you can put in your body.
      November 9, 2021 11:38 AM MST

They talk? I guess I’d never know anyway, because being mayonnaise, I would never listen to anything they had to say. Grrrrrrrr.

(Well, unless they were to admit their vile putridness and absolute worthlessness compared to Miracle Whip. Then I’d listen. Grrrrrrr.)

~

November 9, 2021 11:38 AM MST

Yes.  Mayo is fake.  Mayonnaise is real.  

Mayo doesn’t have to contain the same amount of eggs as mayonnaise does. 

In 1947, mayonnaise manufactures began decreasing the amount of eggs they used in mayonnaise in an effort to increase profits.  However, they continued to label their product as using the “full” amount of eggs.  Fewer eggs being used meant fewer eggs needed to be produced.  Suddenly thousand of laying hens were put out of work.  While a few found work in coops of ill repute, most ended up on the street.  (Why did the chicken cross the road?  She was looking for a cardboard hutch to sleep in for the night.)

Because the mayonnaise manufactures continued to falsely label their product, some hens sued them for false advertising {Hens v. Mayonnaise Consortium}.  The court ruled that the manufactures cold no longer call their reduced egg product mayonnaise, but instead they had to call it “mayo”. 

While this helped get a few hens back to work, many were still living on the streets.  Cities were inundated with chickens and chicken droppings.  Some states called in the army to try and help with the situation.  In 1952, Colonel Harland Sanders came up with an idea how on to take care of the “excess” chickens… and thus was born Kentucky Fried Chicken.  

November 9, 2021 1:14 PM MST

This is both great and funny! I love the way your mind works! (And only one typo, too.)

~

November 9, 2021 2:18 PM MST

They don't.  They say Real Mayonnaise

:)
      November 9, 2021 6:56 PM MST

Wow, thanks. I'm surprized somebody else didn't catch that.
      November 10, 2021 7:54 AM MST

If it says "Light" ... it isn't "Real".

Sometimes, they try to trick you by labelling it as "light" and "real" ... but that means it's actually really light, which is even further from "Real" than "Light" is.

November 10, 2021 10:22 AM MST

Or, 'New and Improved', so they admit it was not that good the first time, but we will believe them now?
      November 11, 2021 2:51 PM MST