Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Was this worth being censured for? Rep. Paul Gosar was censured for posting the Video below.

Was this worth being censured for? Rep. Paul Gosar was censured for posting the Video below.

Posted - November 21, 2021

Responses

Meh. I guess I am too stupid to know what all of that stuff is about. I do know about free speech, though.
      November 21, 2021 7:42 AM MST

I am there with you.   
    PC world gone mad. 
      November 21, 2021 8:46 AM MST

Wow...we agree on something. I'm going to go get a lottery ticket. LOL.
      November 21, 2021 9:43 AM MST

I watched this video several times and, I saw nothing in it that was worth censuring. Nor should Rep Paul Gosar be censured for posting it. Even Twitter left it alone. At least the last time I checked. This is just a matter of the powers that be in this administration, looking for an excuse to get rid of, who they consider an enemy. An enemy, not to this nation, but, to them personally. 

This is a small part of Rep Gosar's response to this censure. Which I agree with by the way: 

"If this cartoon “incites violence” and needs to be banned and me “punished” for it, then the Cartoon Network, Disney, and all of Hollywood must be shut down and “punished” for all the cartoon and film violence they portray.  I don’t advocate this, I am merely pointing out the lunacy of those who think this cartoon is violent and incites violence.  And I remind everyone that pretending to be upset over a cartoon and want to suppress the ideas in a cartoon is what happened to the Charlie Hebdo magazine in France.  All right-thinking people condemned that then, and they should condemn the Democrats now for their violation of free speech." 

November 21, 2021 8:00 AM MST

I looked for it on Twitter but all I could find was screen shots but not the actual video. I got it off GAB. 

I agree I have seen much worse on Disney and definately Cartoon Network. 

I do not think they should have the power to remove an elected official from their committees. 
      November 21, 2021 8:44 AM MST

Pretty sure that is a edited version  the original showed Gosar killing A Senator. I remember awile back Trump supporters were up in arms because a comedian held up a mask of Trump's  severed head.  But when a  senator posts a vid of him killing a senator and attacking the Presedent  of America it is fine with them. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at November 21, 2021 3:43 PM MST
      November 21, 2021 8:47 AM MST

Nope it is the full version of the video he posted.  

If you have a more "disturbing" video that Gosar posted please post it (if withing TOS of course) or a link to it.   None of the sites reporting on it are actually showing the video.  I believe this is why....it is nothing. 

The severed head was much worse than this. 1000x 
      November 21, 2021 8:57 AM MST

Yup. The severed head was one of the first things that popped into my head. But I guess that was fine with the liberals because it was done by one of their Hollywood spokespersons. :)
      November 22, 2021 7:45 AM MST