Discussion » Questions » Holidays » How do you think your family would react if on Christmas morning you announced that "there will be no turkey and gravy today and no other...

How do you think your family would react if on Christmas morning you announced that "there will be no turkey and gravy today and no other...

food to be served in order for us to be aware of all the starving people in the world and a reminder that we should donate to the charities that help those people in need?"

So all Christmas day you only provide hot and cold beverages but no food at all.  Tomorrow, boxing Day we will eat, drink and be merry.
And in the meantime go ahead and enjoy your Christmas gifts under the tree.

Posted - December 7, 2021

Responses

They would say "Are you nuts?", and then get food from a restaurant.
      December 7, 2021 1:05 PM MST

Lol!
      December 7, 2021 2:09 PM MST

I would say "Hmm...OK, where's the beer and whiskey?" We don't have Boxer day, though.
      December 7, 2021 1:35 PM MST

Id be covered in scratches, and when I came back my house would be a "vomitorium" (and not the Roman kind) . NEVER tell a cat it cant have food!
      December 7, 2021 3:10 PM MST

They would be disappointed if we were having turkey on Christmas Day.  We traditionally have lasagna.  Since I moved down here we most often have steak on Christmas Day.  I don't know about this year.  There has been some talk about just having a bunch of vegetables with a big macaroni and cheese casserole and corn bread.  This post was edited by Thriftymaid at December 8, 2021 7:34 AM MST
      December 7, 2021 10:27 PM MST

They would go to the kitchen and start cooking.  Telling me to just sit and relax. 

When my kids were young I did not do a big meal on Christmas. I wanted to play with the kids. 

My MIL caught on and started making a small dinner.  Worked out well. 
      December 8, 2021 5:47 AM MST

December 8, 2021 7:18 AM MST

I thi k they would say it's  a great idea, but I would catch them sneaking snacks throughout the day.
      December 8, 2021 7:36 AM MST