Active Now

my2cents
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Are you disappointed by social media?

Are you disappointed by social media?

Posted - December 9, 2021

Responses

Since I don't indulge in such activities, they don't disappoint me at all. You?
      December 9, 2021 7:35 AM MST

My expectations for social media are fairly low, so I'm not disappointed.  I come from a generation that actually researched the information that came to us rather than accepting everything as fact.  
      December 9, 2021 7:45 AM MST

Sure I am, but social media isn't my life like it is with other people. I just got kicked off Twitter and I'm fine with that. I never did take social media that seriously and getting kicked off is just a minor inconvenience for me. This post was edited by Zack at June 6, 2022 4:36 PM MDT
      December 9, 2021 7:49 AM MST

It's disappointing how the owners are using those platforms. 

It's even more disappointing that people have been completely unable to keep social media as a fun and even unreal part of life.  We have people committing suicide because of pressure by strangers on social media.  When did people become such ......................I can't even think of the right word.   Oh yeah, pitiful. This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 6, 2022 5:41 PM MDT
      December 9, 2021 12:05 PM MST

Nope.
    I may be disappointed with the people who use it ... but the platforms are just software, and are operating as intended.
      December 9, 2021 12:45 PM MST

I’ve just read all of the existing answers to date, and I echo the positions of those who said no, and I especially like what Thriftymaid wrote about it being “a fun and even unreal part of life”, just like my approach to AnswerMug. I’m hardly ever serious about what I post here, it’s a completely fictional world where I have several different personas and characters, I joke around and kid around and poke harmless fun (most often directly at myself) and I interact with people here on a silly level. I don’t have accounts on any of the major or well-known social media sites, I don’t read them, I don’t follow them, I don’t see them. 

Nope, no reason for me to be disappointed by something that doesn’t figure into my life in any way.
    ~

June 6, 2022 4:36 PM MDT