Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » If there is one for you, will you share a song in which you love everything about the song EXCEPT the main big name singer? Mine is . . .

If there is one for you, will you share a song in which you love everything about the song EXCEPT the main big name singer? Mine is . . .

"Jingle Bells"      by Frank Sinatra

Those background singers!!
Their vocal arrangement!!  (Especially 1:12 to 1:22) !!
That band/orchestra backing up Frank!!

I love!

To his credit, Frank adds a nice boring touch as contrast to everything else going on in the song.

;)

;)

Posted - December 10, 2021

Responses

Hahah, I see what you mean. For me it's usually some cover of a well-known song, with the singer insisting on overdoing absolutely everything.
      December 12, 2021 12:26 PM MST

I'm SO with you.  :)

And anyone singing "O Holy Night"  -- I'm lately hearing a lot of those covers. Every singer, to me, only sings that song so he or she can build up to that ending and hold out that long note forEVVVVVer. Ick

" O Night  Dee VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE. O night divine."

Otherwise known as, "O ShowOff Night."

:)

Thanks for answering, Danilo_G!
      December 12, 2021 7:41 PM MST

I'm sure, but I can't think of anything at the moment. 

You're right about 'O Holy Night'. I just caught Jessica Simpson's rendition from early 2000's the other day. Ugh! It's really not good. 

It's a beautiful song, though. 
      December 12, 2021 8:44 PM MST

Unsure if I've heard Simpson's version. Not too anxious to go check it out, ha.

I've never really liked the song itself. But I really think it's because I'm so used to waiting for singers to do what you already saw me complaining about with Danilo_G up there, yup. And singers rarely, if ever, disappoint my negative prediction . . . yup . . . there they go . . .

"Dee VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE."

I know, "Relax, Welby."
    :)
      December 12, 2021 9:13 PM MST

Yeah, likeable as many of them seem and clearly are, most of the very successful ones; I think their egos are a bit extra to the point they get annoying. Hehe! 

But, still appreciative of their talent. And I'm happy to keep my knowledge of them limited enough to like them as humans! hehehe!

Ooommm! :)
      December 12, 2021 9:20 PM MST

:) Ha!

You're right -- definitely, I recognize their talent, too --  every one of the singers who hold that note out have a great voice, for sure.  :)  I appreciate their talent, too. 

December 13, 2021 7:29 AM MST

Try this one... Weezer keeps it cool.

December 14, 2021 4:21 PM MST

I like they make it fit their style.  :) I don't quite hear it as a quasi-rock song, though. :)

At least they don't do what I complained about.

And they'll always be on my Good  List for their "Beverly Hills" - - I hugely LOVE that one.  :)
      December 15, 2021 9:35 PM MST