Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Do you like to have lots of bright lighting in your place to make it lively and merry or do you prefer dim lighting for romantic feeling?

Do you like to have lots of bright lighting in your place to make it lively and merry or do you prefer dim lighting for romantic feeling?

Posted - December 16, 2021

Responses

I tend to dislike "overhead" lights which tend to pretty bright. I like dimmer lamps. (Just like I prefer weather - - I like cloudy weather, not bright sunny weather.)

I guess I don't equate any of the lighting as merry, bright or romantic, ha.  :)

Maybe I subconsciously equate dimmer lighting with "quiet" and "calm." 

Merry and romantic sound nice.
      December 17, 2021 6:05 AM MST

I prefer overheard light...it is brighter.  My husband prefers lamps.  It is normally not an issue, we both prefer no light if watching tv. 
      December 17, 2021 8:50 AM MST

I keep the lights off to save money.  It is dreary not romantic at all. I do not like direct light but prefer indirect.  A bare bulb would drive me crazy.  I really need more lighting but not a lot.  a light in a plant or behind something or to bring focus to a piece of art is more comforting to me.   This post was edited by Honey Dew at December 17, 2021 8:09 PM MST
      December 17, 2021 10:42 AM MST

Dim lights for a dimwit. That's me.
      December 17, 2021 2:13 PM MST

Great sense of humor!
      December 17, 2021 2:49 PM MST