Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Unvaccinated people coming to hospital sick should just be given a blanket and told to find a place on the floor to lie down?

Unvaccinated people coming to hospital sick should just be given a blanket and told to find a place on the floor to lie down?

'Suffer the consequences for being irresponsible and refusing covid vaccine'
Hospital is getting pretty filled up already; no available beds.

Posted - January 5, 2022

Responses

Perhaps the hospitals should not fired people and then they would have staff to take care of the beds.

Do we apply that to people who:

Refuse quit smoking if they get cancer?

Keep eating sweets with diabetes? 

Did not get a flu shot? 

Refuse to cut cholesterol if they have a heart issue? 

Overweight people when they have health issues from it? 

The alcoholic or drug addict who cannot quit? 

Healthcare should not discriminate. This post was edited by my2cents at January 6, 2022 10:16 AM MST
      January 6, 2022 7:04 AM MST

Could deal with each issue separately.. 'but 'course seriously the vaccine refusers should be treated fairly. This post was edited by Kittigate at January 6, 2022 10:50 AM MST
      January 6, 2022 10:42 AM MST

Everyone  should  be treated  properly.  
      January 7, 2022 4:32 AM MST

Actually, I have long advocated just that for people who refuse to stop smoking.
    Of course, part of my stipulation is also that the tobacco companies be closed down and their assets seized to pay for addiction treatment.
      January 6, 2022 10:57 AM MST

The exception would be for those who are/were not medically able to get the vaccine shots.
      January 6, 2022 7:22 AM MST

And for a joke they should be told that the blanket has smallpox on it but they don't have to worry because everybody knows that smallpox was just a hoax. Cheers!
      January 6, 2022 11:06 AM MST

My first thought was about the smallpox blankets.  lol
      January 6, 2022 11:58 AM MST

No.  In America no one should be singled out and treated differently concerning healthcare or insurance coverage/costs due to any activity they participate in which is legal or which was legal when they participated.  

In America no person should be forced to put a chemical into their body that they don't want.  Their reasons for that do not legitimize, or delegitimize, their refusal for such an invasion into their body. 
      January 6, 2022 12:52 PM MST