Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Games » Fans of the TV game show “Jeopardy!”, do you think the champion, Amy, threw the game last night?

Fans of the TV game show “Jeopardy!”, do you think the champion, Amy, threw the game last night?

She appeared for 40 nights, always dominating the other players by providing so many correct questions that she guaranteed herself a majority of the three Daily Doubles every show, which she used to advance her dollar amounts outpaced everyone else’s. Her vast intelligence spans so many subjects and categories of knowledge that it seemed impossible to land on one that she does not know well. She was adept at sprinting far ahead of the other contestants to continuous runaway games that ensured her final victories.

Last night, however, was the first time in a long time that she did not get all three of the Daily Doubles, and the first time that she did not have a runaway at the end of Double Jeopardy. She still had an opportunity to win the game, though. 

The Final Jeopardy answer was (paraphrased), “This is the only country in the world that its name in English ends in an h, and it’s one of the top ten most populous ones.”

What is Bangladesh?

Personally, I found it extremely easy, I got it immediately, I don’t see why Amy didn’t get it, as well-rounded as she is. My theory is that she pulled a James Hurtzhauer (sp) move, the former long-running “Jeopardy!” champion from Las Vegas who had a 7-year-old daughter and had easily racked up scads of cash on the show, and he was done. He petered out on his final appearance by giving a lackluster performance rife with incorrect questions to answers that believably he could have or should have known. Like James, I think Amy was tired of being there, had won a sufficient amount of money for her liking, got the fame that she wanted, got herself a slot on tournament of champions for all time to come, wanted to get on with her life, and just threw the game by not giving the right question, an easy question. She probably selected last evening because it’s the first time that anybody had her in a situation where she was not a runaway.

~

Posted - January 27, 2022

Responses

1. intelli hence intelligence
    2. Comma needed after "knowledge"
    3. Comma needed preceding "though" when it is used to end a sentence, which is questionable, but not incorrect.

This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at January 27, 2022 11:17 AM MST
      January 27, 2022 9:46 AM MST

Thank you. Edited.
      ~

January 27, 2022 9:52 AM MST

Internal Affairs may want to look into this matter.
      January 27, 2022 9:59 AM MST

What needs to be looked into by Internal Affairs? I screwed up, you caught it, pointed out to me, I fixed it and acknowledged you by thanking you. Malicious prosecution so unbecomes you.

By coincidence, I happen to know the Captain who leads the Internal Affairs Unit, I’ll just pop over to her place and “discuss” whether or not this is an actionable case worthy of their time and manpower. (Cough, cough.)

~

January 27, 2022 10:08 AM MST

Dang, save some for someone else. Why do you think I actually read the whole thing? This post was edited by Element 99 at November 19, 2022 7:37 PM MST
      January 27, 2022 11:18 AM MST

You obviously don't read quickly enough, Mr. Grammar Police wannabe.
      January 27, 2022 12:10 PM MST

I'll give you a break. You did read it before I did. And I only go after you and him.
      January 27, 2022 2:46 PM MST

Yes.  I think the show has a limit to the domination they allow.  I felt the same way about Matt Amodio. 
      January 27, 2022 10:33 AM MST

I don't think so. That would be unethical. Also, a multi-game winner attracts more viewers. I watched almost all of Matt's and Amy's episodes. When Randy and I watched it, we both thought the same thing about her performance. That's not a coincidence.
      January 27, 2022 11:21 AM MST