Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Have you ever negotiated a favor for a favor deal with someone that worked out well?

Have you ever negotiated a favor for a favor deal with someone that worked out well?

Eg.. you babysit my kids for a day and I will lend you my car for a day.

Posted - February 19, 2022

Responses

I worked at a golf range; the owner was an electrician. He re-worked my house electrical and I worked for free at the golf range for the summer. Great arrangement.
      February 19, 2022 7:58 PM MST

When my kids were growing up, we lived in several places where (as a stay-at-home-mom) I was friendly with a few of the other moms in the neighborhood. When necessary, I just had to ask if one of them could watch my kids or they would ask if I could watch theirs for a few hours and occasionally, overnight. No payment was ever suggested or expected. 

One neighbor, had me drive her daughter to her brownie meeting once a week because she had gotten a job and couldn't do it herself. I thought nothing much about it, that's just what we did to keep the community functioning. When the season was over, she surprised me by enrolling me in a tailoring class at her expense (she and I were avid sewers of our kids clothing). She did not have to do anything but I did enjoy the classes.
      January 25, 2023 4:18 PM MST