Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » #3 -- With just this picture, do you recognize the movie?

#3 -- With just this picture, do you recognize the movie?

Posted - February 19, 2022

Responses

No, but I'll guess that it's 'Night of the Living Dead', since you love it so much. 
      February 19, 2022 7:39 PM MST

Good guess - - ha! "NoLD" is indeed my very very very favorite Number One movie!  :)

I will use the same reply for everyone who answered my question (except for the one answermugger who correctly answered all three of my recent movie questions):

this one if director Wolf Rilla's "Village of the Damned"  (1960)   [the original movie version, not the much-later remake]

As about an 11-years-old guy, I remember staying up late, and then getting our of bed late at night, without telling my family I wanted to watch the movie when I had seen it was going to be shown on TV - - the movie ANNIHILATED me in the best of ways- - pure fright in an honest unassuming way. No in-your-face stuff -- Authentic somehow. I soon afterward went to the public library and checked out the novel from which the movie was based -- John Wyndham's "The Midwich Cuckoos."  (My favorite title of any book.)

Wyndham remains one of my top favorite authors.

I love everything about this movie.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 20, 2022 8:33 PM MST
      February 20, 2022 7:10 PM MST

Blazing saddles.
      February 19, 2022 7:48 PM MST

:)
    Ha!

I will use the same reply for everyone who answered my question (except for the one answermugger who correctly answered all three of my recent movie questions):

this one if director Wolf Rilla's "Village of the Damned"  (1960)   [the original movie version, not the much-later remake]

As about an 11-years-old guy, I remember staying up late, and then getting our of bed late at night, without telling my family I wanted to watch the movie when I had seen it was going to be shown on TV - - the movie ANNIHILATED me in the best of ways- - pure fright in an honest unassuming way. No in-your-face stuff -- Authentic somehow. I soon afterward went to the public library and checked out the novel from which the movie was based -- John Wyndham's "The Midwich Cuckoos."  (My favorite title of any book.)

February 20, 2022 7:11 PM MST

Judging by the car, I'm pretty sure this is a British film.
      February 19, 2022 7:50 PM MST

Yup!!!

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 20, 2022 7:15 PM MST
      February 20, 2022 7:13 PM MST

Village of the Damned (1960)
      February 19, 2022 8:40 PM MST

Before I reply to others who answered this question and my two other related movie-picture questions, I had to reply to you first:

The moment I saw that you had answered my three questions, and based on other posts I've seen of yours related to music/ fine arts/etc., and before I even read your answers, I had a strong assumption that you would correctly nail all  three movies -- and you did.

I do wonder if you knew the movies simply by the pictures - - or if you "researched" the photos themselves.  :)
      February 20, 2022 7:00 PM MST

Birds.
      February 20, 2022 8:39 AM MST

I can see the possibility there!  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at February 20, 2022 7:15 PM MST
      February 20, 2022 7:13 PM MST