Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Did you see that the story about the Mounties trampling a woman to death was false?

Did you see that the story about the Mounties trampling a woman to death was false?

Yes, a FALSE story concocted by FOX News (shocking, I know).  This morning the woman who reported this backtracked and said that the story was not true.  Someone was taken to the hospital with a heart condition, but it had nothing to do with being trampled.  So, once again, in a rush to judgment, this phony story was made into a cause celebre on here.  

"Fox News Contributor Admits to Creating Fake Story About Canadian Woman Being ‘Trampled’ to Death"

The Fox News contributor and frequent Sean Hannity enlisted field reporter added that “someone was taken to a hospital with a heart condition - not due to trampling. I want to clarify this again and apologize for any confusion.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fox-news-contributor-admits-creating-003133239.html

Posted - February 20, 2022

Responses

I thought something was fishy about the whole thing but I thought it was going to turn out that the woman didn't use a walker they just said she did to make it look real bad.  Now I am wondering why Fox would take a sudden interest in what happens in Canada and can think of 2 possible reasons. They did it to breed hate or they did it to take away interest from the fact that last week Trump lost 3 court appeals plus his accountants said his financial statements are not reliable. Cheers!
      February 20, 2022 7:58 AM MST

They did it because they are an entertainment channel, not a news outlet.
      February 20, 2022 8:28 AM MST

Anyone who watched the video knew what really happened.
      February 20, 2022 8:30 AM MST

She did not die.  She and another man were trampled and injured by the horses. 
    The woman is an elder of the Mohawk tribe. She is in the hospital  recovering from a dislocated shoulder. 
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheRealKeean/status/1495217451235217408?cxt=HHwWgMC4rbKWisApAAAA

February 20, 2022 7:43 PM MST