Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Would Russia have invaded the Ukrain if Trump was still president?

Would Russia have invaded the Ukrain if Trump was still president?

Trump and the GOP have been claiming that if Trump was still president Russia would not have invaded the Ukraine. I think that is one of those its easier to say then do things  because Putin has wanted to invade the Ukraine since he was 5 years old. The main reason Trump figures he could of stopped Russia is because he thinks Putin likes him and they are friends but in reality Trump should be thinking with friends like that who needs enemies. If Trump was still president and the friendship plan failed to deter Putin then just like Biden Trump would have 2 other options - put troops in the Ukraine to stop Russia or hit Russia and Putin with economic sanctions. I don't think the troop thing would be a good option so that leaves economic sanctions and I think Biden's sanctions will be more effective than the ones Trump would of put in place.  Some of Biden's sanctions are aimed more  at Putin, his inner circle  and the Russian oligarchs and they will probably be effective in the long run . But I think most of Trump's sanctions would only hurt the Russian people and in the long run they would not be effective at getting Putin out of the Ukrain. Cheers and happy weekend!  

Posted - February 26, 2022

Responses

If pigs had wings, could they fly?
      February 26, 2022 11:19 AM MST

One would think, otherwise, why the wings?
      February 26, 2022 12:25 PM MST

Not a good answer because there are 8 birds that have wings but cannot fly:  
    Penguin · Steamer duck · Weka · Ostrich · Kiwi · Kakapo · Takahe · Cassowary.

February 26, 2022 2:17 PM MST

Trump would have helped him with the invasion.  And if it were successful, he would have taken all the credit for himself.  And the republican party would have backed him all the way.

Remember how it was when he was "in charge", not what his mouth says now.

February 26, 2022 12:06 PM MST

Maybe Trump would talk his friend Kim into helping Russia or talk North Korea  into invading South Korea. I do remember how it was when Trump was in charge. So maybe if he still was he would alter a military map with his marker  and make it look like Russia wasn't even in the Ukraine and it was just the fake news that say they are. Cheers and happy weekend!
      February 26, 2022 12:45 PM MST

Yes
      February 26, 2022 1:50 PM MST

HI story backs him up. He is the only President in the 21st century who Russia did not invade any other country. 

Why? Because he told Putin if you invade Ukraine,  I will hit Moscow.
      March 4, 2022 4:33 AM MST

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022/03/john-bolton-donald-trump-ukraine-finland-russia
      March 4, 2022 7:17 AM MST

Bolton says everything Trump did was in spite of Trump.   Bolton is a war hawk who quit the administration because Trump refused to go to war.   
    I follow the history....Trump ended wars and did not start any.   And Russia did not challenge US. This post was edited by my2cents at March 4, 2022 4:28 PM MST
      March 4, 2022 7:38 AM MST