Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Electronics » How would I fix this YouTube issue on the iPhone?

How would I fix this YouTube issue on the iPhone?

Posted - February 27, 2022

Responses

I get that sometimes.  Disconnecting the VPN and reconnecting it always works for me, but if that doesn’t work for you, your cache could be full.

To fix that, tap the icon in the upper right corner of the app.

Select Settings.

Select History & privacy.

Clear your watch history, then clear your search history.  Also, set your settings to match mine.  It’ll stop your cache from getting full and it’ll protect your privacy.  I never ever watch anything on Youtube if I’m signed into it.  Google doesn’t need to see what I’m watching, and it doesn’t need to see what anyone else is watching either.

February 27, 2022 6:56 PM MST

Okay I just did that-through down to clear watch & search history. I did just that, but only from the YouTube site that I can use now.
    Anything else I need to do on that after I did that? This post was edited by DannyPetti at February 28, 2022 7:47 AM MST
      February 28, 2022 7:45 AM MST

Still having no look on clicking ‘retry’ from the YouTube page that I showed you.
      February 28, 2022 8:49 AM MST

I just opened the YouTube icon, it still says I’m not connected, & the YouTube video window looks like it’s trying to open-the thing still keeps circling around yet.
      February 28, 2022 10:30 AM MST

The only thing that causes that on my phone is the VPN connection needs to be reset.  I don’t know what’s causing that on your phone.  I’ve never not been able to connect to an app or website when the phone was showing I had a signal, so I’m just guessing at what’s wrong with your phone.  Maybe try deleting the app and then reinstalling it.
      February 28, 2022 2:29 PM MST

I don’t know or remember what VPN is-would that be ‘Verizon Phone’?
    Am I gonna delete that (Original) YouTube App, & then get back the YouTube App back on my phone after it?
      February 28, 2022 4:25 PM MST

If you don’t know what a VPN is then I don’t think you have one.  I use either ExpressVPN, NordVPN or Surfshark.  A VPN hides everything you do on the internet so your ISP can’t watch you.  It also hides you from hackers so if I were you, I’d definitely start thinking about using one.

After you delete the app, you’ll have to go to the app store and download it again.
      February 28, 2022 5:59 PM MST

I would probably prefer the search thing to type in the rest of the words for me-of the keywords I typed in before.
    I will delete the YouTube App, then I will go to the App Store, search for the YouTube App from it, & then reinstall the YouTube icon back to/in my phone-
    hope I find/get the same YouTube app from it that I been using.
      March 1, 2022 7:27 AM MST

Okay this have taken care of from the Verizon store today. Then I will give you the next one to do.
      March 1, 2022 3:15 PM MST