Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Biden administration not interested in fixing gas prices permanently. Is this what you voted for?

Biden administration not interested in fixing gas prices permanently. Is this what you voted for?

Anchor Stephanie Ruhle said, “I want to stay on gas for another moment. You’re absolutely right, the president does not set the price of gas, but he can influence it. And while releasing some strategic reserves matters, given how much has been released, it is really just a drop in the bucket. Are there things, and I realize this is controversial, it has huge environmental impacts, could the president possibly consider authorizing the Keystone Pipeline? Or working something out with Iran?”

Buttigieg said, “Look, the president has said that all options are on the table. But we also need to make sure that we are not galloping after permanent solutions to immediate short term problems, where more strategic and tactical actions in the short term that can make a difference, like what you have with the strategic reserve, which exists partly in order to respond to situations like this.”
How do they not understand/care about the inflation caused by their actions? 

Posted - March 4, 2022

Responses

You do realize that like Biden, Obama drove the price of gas up $1 in his first year. And then did not stop for 4yrs gas was over $3 a gallon.  Yes, the last part of his 2nd term prices  did come down....Mid term elections matter as well.
      March 8, 2022 4:21 PM MST

If midterm elections matter so much, then it's not up to the president to set gas prices.
      March 8, 2022 6:27 PM MST

As I said above....the President  policies are not the be all and end all. But yes it has a big influence.   The policies effect how the people buying and selling in the futures market take them into effect. And when there is a huge switch after a midterm, that is also taken into account.    It all works together.  
      March 8, 2022 6:57 PM MST