Active Now

my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » What was the absolute worst concession stand food you’ve ever tasted, and did you finish it all, or throw it out?

What was the absolute worst concession stand food you’ve ever tasted, and did you finish it all, or throw it out?

I have in front of me what I consider to be quite possibly the worst pizza I’ve ever eaten in my entire life. It is a medium, so it’s supposed to feed four adults, we ordered the works: thick crust, mozzarella, pepperoni, ground beef, diced ham, mushrooms, green peppers, red peppers. It is cut into six slices, piping hot, smells delicious, looks great. We pulled up the first slice, the pizza has absolutely no crust in its center. The only true cut crust is around the outer edge but within one or 2 inches of the slice heading towards the center there is no thick crust, no thin crust, no crust at all. The toppings form a stew in the middle of the pizza that falls apart when you try to pick up a slice. Not the be deterred, we plunged on. Once we corralled our slices and tried to eat them, it turns out that the vegetables are cold as if they were frozen and merely added to the pizza as an afterthought just before giving it to me. The ham is rubbery and chewy as if it were three days too old, the ground beef is raw and mooing, the portion of the crust that does exist around the edge, although it’s burnt on the bottom, its inside is not done all the way, so it’s doughy and gooey.

The wait in line just to put in the order was approximately 20 minutes, so I missed all of the action because it can’t see it from that concession line. I was told it would take approximately 20 minutes for the pizza mediate to be done. I went back 15 minutes later and I had to wait another 20 minutes, a total of 35 minutes.

See? I told everyone that we just should have had sandwiches. Did they listen??Noooooooo! “You always eat sandwiches, Randall. Why not change things up a bit every now and then?”  Grrrrrrr. 

~

Posted - March 12, 2022

Responses

During my first trip to London, I was keen to try the quintessential Fish & Chips from a variety of establishments.  I made the very grave error of ordering Fish & Chips from a concession stand while at the London Zoo!  To borrow a phrase as British as Fish & Chips, I was completely gobsmacked!  Being that this was about 15 years ago, I can't remember if I finished or not!  Luckily, I later found other dining establishments around the city that offered better fare and, thus, didn't leave London, quite literally, with a bad taste in my mouth!
      March 12, 2022 5:34 PM MST

I've never had concession food besides sealed candies or popcorn at a theatre in days past and funnel cakes at Six Flags.  There were plenty of 'state fair' food counters to which I would not have ever neared.   Sporting events....only soft drinks.   My husband was all about the burgers and hotdogs at ballgames.  I never heard him complain.
      March 12, 2022 6:10 PM MST

We went to Disneyland about 10 yrs ago. 
    We went to one of the restaurants that serves pizza.    We ordered BBQ pizza.  What they called BBQ sauce tasted like cheap catsup with with Tabasco sauce.   We scrapped all the toppings and sauce as much as possible  and just ate crust. We were on a budget for X amount to be spent on food each day.   So that was our main amount that day. Needless to say the $1 burgers at McDonald's were loved that evening. 

2nd worst was also in CA. This was at Legoland. We learned...or thought we did.  So we went basic.  We ordered a round of sliders. I have no idea what they season their beef with but  they were not good.  I know whatever it was must have been popular  because we ordered burgers for room service and they tasted the same.

March 12, 2022 7:06 PM MST