Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Cowardly Russian military people bombing, killing hundreds of defenceless civilian people; just following orders?

Cowardly Russian military people bombing, killing hundreds of defenceless civilian people; just following orders?

Posted - March 18, 2022

Responses

Well they probably are following orders but some of them are out for blood and they don't care if it is civilian blood. Cheers and happy weekend!
      March 18, 2022 10:05 AM MDT

As within any military, there are those who follow orders and those who get off on killing and destruction.  Even so, the leader is responsible for the actions of those under him/her. (later, tribunals and such will either absolve or incriminate the leaders) 
      March 18, 2022 11:18 AM MDT

"Just following orders" is allegedly not a valid excuse, according to the Nuremberg Trials.
    However, I don't know if there has been any soldier since then who was tried for war crimes for following orders.
      March 18, 2022 11:52 AM MDT

All of the people fighting for Russia aren't voluntary military.  The more mercenaries and conscripts involved the more (it seems) we hear about unwarranted violence (killing children) and stupidity (hitting wrong targets). 

I watched The Bombardment last night and I am still shaken by it.  I'm sure that has a role in my answer here. 
      March 18, 2022 1:56 PM MDT