Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » What was the most recent dilemma or problem or puzzle or bind for which you found a great solution?

What was the most recent dilemma or problem or puzzle or bind for which you found a great solution?

Posted - May 25, 2022

Responses

Yesterday, one of the attorneys wanted to have an emailed document saved on our system so she could edit it.  I sent it to the word processing department which said there was no reason she couldn't open it and edit it already.  This went back and forth until I suggested to the attorney that she print the document, mark it up and then send it to work processing to edit and save on our system.  Problem solved!
      May 25, 2022 9:55 AM MDT

~

May 25, 2022 11:59 AM MDT

But why print it at all and waste paper and toner when it can be edited in electronic form? Seems like it defeats the purpose of our technology.
      May 25, 2022 3:47 PM MDT

Normally, I would agree, but the attorney claimed she couldn't edit it electronically and after three emails back and forth with word processing (who appeared not to want to help her because she's a pain in the butt), I made that suggestion to end the standoff.
      May 25, 2022 7:46 PM MDT

I needed to perform the yearly ritual of getting my 23 avocado trees out of the garage, up the backstairs, and up into the patio.  Unfortunately, they're very heavy and awkward.  So I attached a 20" rubber tie down to the lip of each pot and used it as a short handle.  It not only redistributed teh weight, but also freed up one of my hands to help guide the tops of the trees through openings and around chimes.
      May 25, 2022 11:46 AM MDT

Shazammm!
      May 25, 2022 11:50 AM MDT

Wait, what? Avocado trees? You should’ve just called your old buddy Randy D to let him know that you had such pestilence violating your domicile. He stands ready to eradicate it from the face of the earth wherever it can be found, and he’s only a phone call away.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 
    ~

May 25, 2022 12:05 PM MDT

Yes, they can be a tad annoying at times.   Before I used the tie down, one of them took out 2 chimes.  Took me hours to restring and repair them.  But, alas, all the trees were grown from seed.  The 18' one even bloomed once.  The worst part is my garage is only 11' high.  Well, they cover my patio now
      May 25, 2022 2:02 PM MDT

Deciding whether to waste time with all you bozos on here or work and, you know, get paid. Since I don't need to leave the house either way, I chose money.
      May 25, 2022 3:50 PM MDT