Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Just 2days after the TX school shooting, CA removes requirements to report students who threaten the school? How does this protect the kids?

Just 2days after the TX school shooting, CA removes requirements to report students who threaten the school? How does this protect the kids?

Posted - June 1, 2022

Responses

California continually makes bad decisions on a variety of things. 
      June 1, 2022 5:07 AM MDT

Racial equity.  Way more black and hispanic children are referred to law enforcement.  This is an idiot's way of trying to fix a problem but is how some cesspool large cities are policing these days. 

Outrageous outcomes for students due to mandatory referrals to law enforcement.  (Arresting 3 year olds)
    Schools can now use discretion about referrals to law enforcement rather than it being mandatory.

I understand the concern about outrageous outcomes for very young kids who suffer way over-the-top treatment by law enforcement  because of the mandatory reporting part of the old law.  However, I don't trust California school officials when it comes to discretionary power; the teachers there have proven to the country they don't really like kids and prefer to not even have to go to work and seem to think punishing children for using pronouns correctly is educationally sound.  

The bill addresses threats to school employees, faculty, and staff by students.   They also passed SB 906 which is related to the threat of mass casualty event in schools.   The media is way less likely to cover this since it can't be spun to inflame.  

There is no excuse for California.  Seriously, I would not even visit that state anymore.
    This post was edited by Thriftymaid at June 1, 2022 2:50 PM MDT
      June 1, 2022 2:35 PM MDT