Discussion » Questions » Finance » What are some reasons a person might faint after receiving money-related news or information? (Examples below.)

What are some reasons a person might faint after receiving money-related news or information? (Examples below.)

Example A: “While it’s true that Randy D cleaned out all of your life savings, the good news is that he didn’t do it to run off with some trollop; he did it to invest in a tilde-factory on a small tropical island in a Third-World country. The trollop was already there, and she’s setting up house to receive him.”

Example B: “Randy D has authorized you a stipend of $200,000 yearly to be his Number One Sammich-Maker, and you won’t even have to live in the sub-basement dungeon underground sammich-making facility.”

Posted - June 5, 2022

Responses

It happened to me.
    I didn't faint but I was floored:

I received from a couple a high three-figured-hundreds-of-dollars check in the mail with a card saying that at the end of the year, they always choose one person whom they thought made the biggest helpful difference in the world of those they knew and they then send that person some money.
    That year they chose me.
      June 6, 2022 8:35 AM MDT

It doesn't surprise me! 
      June 6, 2022 10:35 AM MDT

Thank you very much, Jane S.  :) 
    In some of my more serious types of posts (like this one for me), you're posted to me. And your kindness to me, and supportive words, mean a lot to me. Thanks.  :)
      June 6, 2022 6:52 PM MDT

Another cool picture.
      June 6, 2022 8:36 AM MDT

And a fun question (though I took it s bit seriously, ha.)
      June 6, 2022 8:36 AM MDT

Like Welby, I will take this fun question a bit seriously. Several years ago, my mother and her siblings were contacted by a lawyer they didn't know. His specialty was finding abandoned assets and getting it to the heirs and would keep a share of the money. When my grandfather had left Germany about 80 years prior he had left some small amount behind and it had grown into a substantial sum. They thought it was a scam at first, but after some investigation and discussion decided to work with the lawyer. My uncle, who was disabled, still lived in the family home. His bad luck and poor financial decisions had brought him to the brink of foreclosure. So, in the end, this completely unanticipated windfall saved him from losing the home he had lived in all his life. Whenever I hear someone say 'if it seems too good to be true, it probably is', I think of this.
      June 6, 2022 10:56 AM MDT

Great answer, thank you.

~

June 6, 2022 1:14 PM MDT