Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Why did R Kelly get a stiffer sentence that Ghislaine Maxwell?

Why did R Kelly get a stiffer sentence that Ghislaine Maxwell?

30 years for Kelly is absolutely correct, but why did Maxwell get a much lighter sentence despite her crimes being at least as reprehensible and committing more of them?

Posted - June 29, 2022

Responses

A real mystery.  Why would a Black man get a longer sentence than a White woman?
      June 30, 2022 6:14 AM MDT

(You beat me to this question)

She has the names.  She claimed to have helped the Clinton's set up their foundation  in a bid for a lighter sentence.  

Why do you think it has been 2 yrs and NO client who raped children has been arrested? 

Maxwell did not kill herself. 

This post was edited by my2cents at November 7, 2022 7:39 AM MST
      June 30, 2022 7:12 AM MDT

Who said Maxwell killed herself?  Is that another Republican conspiracy being entertained?
      June 30, 2022 6:39 PM MDT

No one.   
    I am saying when she ends up dead...like Epstien, it will not be because she killed herself.   Too many people in her book do not want their names getting out.  She will not live to be released from prison.  They will claim suicide...they are claiming she is on suicide watch now.   Her lawyer says she is not suicidal.   

You do not actually believe Epstein killed himself, right? 
      June 30, 2022 7:05 PM MDT

You said "Maxwell did not kill herself."  That is the present tense and you're claiming you mean in the future.  As for Epstein, I couldn't care less whether or not he killed himself.  He's dead - that's the upside and we don't have to take care of him for the rest of his life.
      June 30, 2022 9:25 PM MDT

Now, that you are familiar with the term.

The next time you here someone say the name of a living person "did not kill his/herself," you will understand it is a prediction that someone is going to be murdered and then it will be claimed a suicide. 
      July 1, 2022 6:10 AM MDT

Clearly, you still don't get it.
      July 1, 2022 8:01 AM MDT

You are not getting it. I explained as clearly as I could. 

It is a prediction that someone will be murdered and passed off as a suicide.  

Ie: when Musk started talking about buying Twitter and undoing some of the censorship  there...  the phrase "Elon Musk did not kill himself" was  being used a lot on other social media.  
    When Rodney ( Hillary campaign) testified that Hillary Knee and agreed with funding the fake Russian collusion dossier and told him to leak it to the media.   The phrase "Rodney did not kill himself" started to be posted on other social media.  

The phrase  "Epstein did not kill himself" became popular  on social media  after his death was ruled  "suicide."

Now to convey the prediction  people replace "Epstein" with the name of the person they believe will be murdered via "suicide."
      July 2, 2022 5:13 AM MDT

Until all of the news about him, I never heard of R Kelly. Who cares?
      June 30, 2022 9:12 AM MDT

I believed i could fly
    Until I got busted by the FBI
    All I wanted was a pretty young thing
    Now I'm living in the prison wing ...
      June 30, 2022 6:45 PM MDT

??
      June 30, 2022 7:15 PM MDT

Lyrics. My kids are millennial, had that one inflicted on me several times - and parody versions as well.
      June 30, 2022 7:33 PM MDT

Parody of a song by R Kelly....I Believe I Can Fly

I believe I can fly
    I believe I can touch the sky
    I think about it every night and day
    Spread my wings and fly away....

June 30, 2022 7:33 PM MDT

Oh...he's a singer? Why do so many deem him important enough to give him any attention?
      June 30, 2022 7:36 PM MDT

Celebrity culture. 
      July 1, 2022 6:02 AM MDT

Possibly the difference between Maxwell shilling for Epstein (aiding and abetting) and actually committing the sexual acts (R. Kelly).
      June 30, 2022 6:40 PM MDT

Some of the victims claimed she did participate in the abuse herself. 
      June 30, 2022 7:07 PM MDT

Here is the reason for the disparity in prison sentences.  R Kelly was convicted of racketeering and sex trafficking.  Maxwell was only convicted of sex trafficking.  
      July 1, 2022 10:09 AM MDT